Hello all

Meeki

Hello from Sydney, Australia, new to reef tank, about 3 months, have a lots of questions and lots to read on Reef Sanctuary, cheers

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
wel21_e0.gif

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome Aussie!

cheers mate.

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

Meeki

I have a 50 g tank, Aqua Marine 900, I don't know if you guys familiar with those. It's pretty stocked with corals, 30 kg of live rock, Foxface, Yellow Tang, Moorish Idol, Green Mandarin, Cleaner Wrase, Sleeping Goby, set of Tomato Clowns and a set of Ocelariss Clowns, White and Black dwarf Angel and a dwarf Coral beauty Angel, 2 Cleaner Shrimps, Crispa Anemone, wich a female Tomato doesn't leave alone, 2 Clams, and a sea Cucumber. LOL, it's overstocked, but my wife want them all...:hug1:. Battling a white spots right now, Foxface is covered, adding a Vertinox by Aquasonic which is Australian, got a Srterilizer, Chiller.. We see how we go...the fish eating, the Clowns not fighting, just a Tang, doesn't like the Idol. We were reading the Forum about all this staff.. It's a first attempt...3 months old Tank

dmatt88

Phew that is stocked! Especially for a 3 month tank. Mine at 3 months couldn't keep anything alive( especially for the Moorish idol)

good luck mate. Hope those white spots aren't ich. It can wipe out a tank in no time.

dmatt88

Ich will wipe a tank out mate. Search the threads for leebca Ich treatment or I'm afraid all the fish r goners.

Meeki

I read it, it's a great read, thank you. So we decided to take all the fishes out and place them in a hospital tank and do the low salinity. I have no gravel in that tank, just couple of artificial hidings. I hope that they will survive. I need to place a Goby and a Mandarin into a plastic box, and attached, so my wife can feed them daily. The Goby was sifting a sand and a Mandarin was feeding on a copepods. My question is, is that a good solution?

dmatt88

Hey Lee where r Ya!

I'm with Ya on the plan of attack. It's gunna suck getting them out but my worry is the mandarin. Can u buy copepods local?

Follow his instructions to the t dude. U will make it. It also will give ur tank the time to mature. 8 weeks later u will find a better tank will b urs . I've done it twice n now my tank handles anything.

ChrisY

Congrats on such a diverse tank. Thats a lot of livestock in a young tank, especially one that size. Do you have an idea what your bio filtration maturity is yet? If its ich then its, well icky, :( but if some stuff were to die off, could the bioload be contained/processed without causing a casacade to the other fish and inverts due to ammonia?

Just something to think about.

....Sorry, I seemed to have missed the rest of the thread about quarantining. Sorry.