Have you guys ever seen the show "Tanked"?

Blue Space

"Do me a fava... Do me a fava... Do me a fava..." Ok! I'll do you a "fava" as soon as you quit asking me to do you a "fava"! lol! :D

Doogle

Oh in the new season preview it only showed last season clips except for a pinball machine tank. I watched every episode and there wasn't a pinball tank. Gum ball yes. Pinball no. I'd go to that church with the HUGE archway tank. Have mercy.

I thought FTK was boring but not because their skill as aquarists or even the first build they showed. It was boring because it was more real. No acting except for the little "Minterviews" where people go out of their comfort zone to talk in front of a camera. When they were doing their day to day routines it was just them not acting. In fact there seems to be a LOT of tension in that place, but it's real so it doesn't play well on tv... in fact it is a little uncomfortable to watch. The guys from the Marlins just made me mad. They are getting their own show and they were ridiculous looking.
In terms of their skills as aquarists I would say these guys are head and shoulders above the guys on "Tanked" who I look at as clowns since that is all we see. I especially liked the pedantic asian fish expert. You just know he gets on everyone's nerves.

StirCrayzy

I turned off FTK after seeing that they mail ordered the tank... whats the point.
All they really did was build sweet fake coral, and install stuff, Boring.
i'll take Tanked any day.
Even if it is cheesy and unrealistic, it is entertaining.

Has anyone else noticed that three shows this season have been retrospectives of the first season? To use a very appropriate saying, I think they have jumped the shark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

StirCrayzy

How so? I saw the clip show, but all of the other one's seem just about as original as the rest.

Ive now watched two "New" clip shows, and im pretty sure i deleted 1 best-of, that i didnt watch.
I ve been wishing the DVR could know not to tape the recaps.
Theres about 5-10 minutes of good fresh material that was cut from original eps., but hardly worth calling it "new".

catran

I just don't feel that they do much of a service to the reefkeeping community. They don't explain exactly what they do, etc. the magic of tv is misleading. Also, many of the tanks featured last season were closed down and on eBay before the season ended. Both the telephone booth and gumball tank were listed on around 3 months of the build. That's not very successful if you ask me.

I love reefers...

That is one reason I really don't like these shows. The tanks are all gimmicky and are being made for or sold to people who haven't the faintest idea what is involved in their care.

I think I have only seen one tank that actually had corals in it. The rest is that day-glo foam garbage.

At least on the next FTK it looks like they are doing a build for Zo and he wants corals!

I think the shows would be a lot better without the phony drama and focus more on education and technical stuff. But then again I am a geek.

redneckgearhead

That is one reason I really don't like these shows. The tanks are all gimmicky and are being made for or sold to people who haven't the faintest idea what is involved in their care.

I think I have only seen one tank that actually had corals in it. The rest is that day-glo foam garbage.

At least on the next FTK it looks like they are doing a build for Zo and he wants corals!

I think the shows would be a lot better without the phony drama and focus more on education and technical stuff. But then again I am a geek.
+1^