Have you guys ever seen the show "Tanked"?

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
The only downside to it? New yorkers! They're everywhere! But I suppose that's why tv's have a mute function...

Lol.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

Blue Space

Yeah, sure I've seen it! Isn't that the show where they sell outrageous sized, themed tanks to wealthy individuals with no knowledge of animal husbandry and then overstock them to heck and back again -adding all of the fish and coral to the tank at the same time... I wonder what the mortality rate is? So much for going slow. Oh well, more $$$ to replace them and it seems their clientele have money to burn! ;) I couldn't ever hire someone to do my builds. That's half the fun. I do like their ideas for the tanks though! :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Don't get TOO bent out of shape over how they do things. There is a LOT of work "Behind the Scenes" that we don't see.

In actuality those guys are VERY knowledgeable about the hobby and passionate about it. I think the new season will see a different SPIN on things because they have more "Say So" about what is shown and so forth.

Keep in mind this is ENTERTAINMENT and the vast majority of people don't care what it takes to make it happen they just want it to happen and are willing to pay to make it happen. It's a FUN to watch show and one I have set to Auto Record every time a new episode comes out.

Also there have been some great INTERVIEWS with the guys from the show on various forums so it might be worth while to look around and check em out.

:)

yankieman

Yeah, sure I've seen it! Isn't that the show where they sell outrageous sized, themed tanks to wealthy individuals with no knowledge of animal husbandry and then overstock them to heck and back again -adding all of the fish and coral to the tank at the same time... I wonder what the mortality rate is? So much for going slow. Oh well, more $$$ to replace them and it seems their clientele have money to burn! ;) I couldn't ever hire someone to do my builds. That's half the fun. I do like their ideas for the tanks though! :D

I think the show is cool ,, and you have to remember it is a made for TV show so your not seeing everything behind the scenes ,, I understand they do take care on the fish and cycling and you just dont see it during an hour show,,, and as far people with no animal husbandry ,, we all had to start somewhere,, ,,, I think the show is a very good and entertaining show, and can only help the hobby ,,,,

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Last I heard they were filming it then off to the EDITOR and then to TV late this year or early next year.

Yeah I just started watching the show, didn't even know it existed until I visited my mum and she told me about it. I read some bad reviews about how they handle livestock and such, but further down season 1, they start talking about things like quarantine tanks, and fuges, so I think they're trying to go about it right. And their wealthy clients make me jealous.

Oh well, I'll stick with my JBJ 28 until I have enough $ to get on the show :)

StirCrayzy

I love this show. Gives me something to dream about.

Those tank Owners knowledge of Husbandry is a non issue because they dont do much (any?) of the upkeep or planning. The price paid is just to be able to enjoy the fruits of the professional labor. There are a few companies around me that do this. Sell a concept, build, & maintain the whole
system for as long as the customer owns it.
I cant wait for the next season!

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Allen, I thought that they were aiming to have the new season by March, which is now over. Are they just running late, as they do in television?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Allen, I thought that they were aiming to have the new season by March, which is now over. Are they just running late, as they do in television?

You're correct. I went back and re-read what I thought I had read and it states "Spring of 2012".
fans of the show can expect a full 12 episodes of the new season versus a measily 6 episodes of the first season

DaveK

I can't get very excieted about the show.

If you want a tank that look outrageous, in the good sence, then OK, but in my opinion such tanks draw the attention away from the fish, plants, corals and other livestock, which are the whole reason for having the aquarium in the first place.

I'm not real religious, but this sums it up best -

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.