Have the feathered, furred, and soon the fish...Christine's New RSM 250

rgslady

Thanks for those links, Tom. One I had found already. And from what reviews I have been able to find here and elsewhere, no one seems to be disappointed with the Deltec, so that will be my next investment.

rgslady

A new found friend in my biocube...love those unexpected freebies! No idea how long this one has been with me...

2010-10-26091731.jpg

rgslady

My Deltec skimmer coming tomorrow...can't wait to try this puppy out!! Never in my life would I imagine gaining excitement over a fancy, expensive, box!!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice one, hope it works out well for you. What was your reason for replacing the stock skimmer?

rgslady

Well, got quite a few fish. Have had both good and bad luck with corals. I really believe I need to up the water quality for better coral health, and I think this is the best way I can do that at this point. My parameters seem ok but the sps success rate in my tank not the greatest. And the whole "sump" thing, to be honest, kinda intimidates me ;)

rgslady

Thanks, Iain....I will post it's progress. From what I've read thus far, those that have this skimmer have been very happy with it. Looking to join the "happy club"!

rgslady

yep..not cheap, but then, nothing good ever is. It is in and running...wide open for 48 hours per instructions. Easy enough to run, but a bit of a learning curve I can see to run it at it's peak performance. I don't have it down low enough to keep the middle cover, but that really doesn't bother me. In time, I will learn what does what as far as adjustments go. Not saying the stock skimmer was bad...but really thought this was the best thing I could do for my tank at this point. Time will tell...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I bet you will love it once it breaks in & you learn how to tune it to work at max performance !

Had a gal here from New Zealand (Sapphire) got married & left forum after being here daily for years (miss her - she was very nice) she had one & LOVED it, was always tell me how well it worked !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good to hear you got the Deltec in. Be sure to give us a review after it's had a few days to break in.

reeferman

great news on the skimmer!i guess ive been lucky with the performance of the stock.looking forward to your reviews.

rgslady

Well...it's been roughly 36 hours post install. All I can say is "Wow!!". Just no comparison to the stock skimmer. In this short time, I have noticed an increase in water clarity and significant decrease in the amount of green algae on the glass, which I cleared daily. Barely any on there now. Have emptied the cup twice already. I seriously doubt I have it running at peak..simply because I don't know what that is at this point. So it can only get better from here!!

2010-10-31110151.jpg

2010-10-31103210.jpg

2010-10-31103334.jpg

2010-10-31103347.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great report on the Deltec & pretty coral pics !

Can you take a pic or two of the new skimmer in the tank for us, when you get some time ?