Harold’s RSM Adventure

steved13

PREMIUM
I have a Randalls watchman goby. He just comes out and grabs food out of the flow with the other fish. He was a little shy at first.

1357HA

Thanks Steve, hope he began to be more sociable soon...
Juan Pablo, I guess he is all right, but I´m beginning to worry. Lots of contradictory information on the web. They say that it is carnivore, others say that he feeds on live fauna at the sand bed mostly on copepods. If he feeds on copepods I guess that it is trouble, my tank has only like 6 months old and already had a mandarin that died because on lack of copepods. In other places it says that it is just like the diamond goby which is also described as easy to keep. Any advice, I´m worry about my tank´s size but I have a refugium which seem to be full of worms and fauna. Any advice…

1357HA

Thanks Juan
I guess I will wait and see how it goes. Yesterday night I feed him some instant ocean brine shrimp gel but because he is very shy I saw him eating only one byte. He established his home under the brain coral and when he comes out the territorial clown bother him so he just return under the brain coral. I hope that the clown get used to the new goby there…

jpsika08

Best to target feeding him for now, use a Turkey Baster and place food near his niche.

Good luck and hope he eats soon.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Harold - I think once the new goby gets used to things he'll come out and grab food when you feed, plus maybe do some sand sifting as well. Fish often take a while to get used to a new home. I don't think it will be as dependent on target feeding as a mandarin, when he gets over his shyness. Fingers crossed!

jpsika08

Interesting read Harold, thanks, what worries me is the "feed often, twice a day" part, I want to begin feeding them every 2 days as it's easier with time and no increase on phosphates or nitrates, hope I made a wise decision bringing him home, LOL :)

1357HA

I don´t know if there is a problem with this fish. The thing is that I didn´t think it was hard to keep. I guess I should wait and see if he becomes more sociable, because then it will be easier to feed.
I was wondering if I should move the brain coral so that he gets out of there and maybe find another home were I can feed him without the clown bothering him, any advice…

jpsika08

Mm better leave him be and not to stress him more for now, I was reading on another thread to inject krill frozen food into the sand near his burrow, maybe it could work.