Harold’s RSM Adventure

1357HA

Does anyone knows where I can find a LED strip or LED flare that I can control through an APEX? The thing is that I’m currently using 2 AI sol super blue modules and wanted to buy the AI flares, but at AI site they have always been on a coming soon status.
Thanks….

1357HA

I have been using the AI super blue LED module for like a year now. The thing is that I’m not so happy with the actinic blue color of the AI. I have been using some stunner strips at a biocube 14, and now I’m ready to make some new mods to the DT.

I ordered 2 ECOXOTIC 36 INCH STUNNER 18W MAGENTA/453NM BLUE LED STRIP, 1 ECOXOTIC 24V WALL TRANSFORMER FOR STUNNER LEDS & PANORAMA PRO, 1 ECOXOTIC 4-WAY SPLITTER W/ SWITCHES, 1 2 CHANNEL APEX TO LIGHT DIMMING CABLE NEPTUNE SYSTEMS AQUACONTROLLER and one of this 0-10V Signal LED PWM Dimmer

The idea is to ramp up and down the ecoxotic stunners with the APEX.
Any thoughts or advices?

Hope to have all the staff for this weekend:fingerx:…..

1357HA

Hello again!!!!!:wave:

It’s been about a year sense my last post. Lots of good things have been going on. Since my last post, may new baby girl was born, moved to my new house, moved the RSM 250 (lots of work), and many, many things….

At the beginning of this year I had the idea of making a new tank inspired in some many threads that I have enjoyed in this forum. Began planning and making little things to make this project real, as for today the tank is done (190 gal) and I wanted to share it with you because you know the passion, time and effort it takes. Maybe there are some mistakes there and hear, but fixing them will be fun and is part of the hobby.

Will post some pictures of the final days of my RSM 250 that I have shared and enjoy with you since day one. Also will post some pics of the new tank which I hope you enjoy…

Hello again to all!!!!:hug1:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome back!! Looking forward to the pics! What did you do with your RSM250?

1357HA

As of today the RSM250 is running. The challenge is to place everything I have in the RSM 250 in the new tank. The new tank is about 5 weeks in cycling process and levels are looking good to began transferring my cleaning crew or maybe a fish. Also one thing I had in mind, was connecting the RSM 250 and the new tank via the sump. But not sure about this…

1357HA

As promised, here are the pictures of my new tank and process:
Since the new tank is located under the stair of my house, there was a huge problem that has to be resolved: How to do maintenance to the tank? The solution that I came with was to do a hydraulic stand.

The stand is capable of lifting 6,000 pounds (as the manufacturer told me) with the manual pump, maybe later I will upgrade it to an electric pump.

It took me about 3 month to sit and plan the DT, but after a short time the DT was done and placed over the stand. Buy like 190 pounds of sand and 100 pound of live rock, filled the tank and began the cycling process. After 5 weeks all levels looked good and decided to connect the RSM 250 to the 190 gal tank via the sump. Did the connections and stayed like that for about 2 weeks.

Other thing that I had to work on was the hood. A local manufacturer did the work in 5 mm acrylic. I screwed the hood to the stairs so that I can move the DT up and down and be able to do maintenance and other staff.

I screwed the Aqua Illumination rails top the hood to place the AI super blue modules and the ecoxotic panorama modules.

Finally, decided to transfer everything to the new tank and disable the RSM 250, here is a pic of the final moment of my RSM 250….

And the final shot of the 2 tanks together for the last time….

Will post the first FTS when I get home….
Thanks all and hope you enjoy it….