gareefermans reef

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Lots of work is a good thing! The new Starphire glass tank sounds like a winner, and nice that it's cheaper than the Marineland too!

reeferman

i went with a 16"center overflow,euro braced,so no center brace to interfere with getting my hand in there for plumbing.black silicone also.ive always hated it when algae discolors clear silicone.a little under 600.00 vs 1000.00 with Marineland.the savings will go toward the ATI 48" 8XT5 Sunpower fixture.i was gonna go with the 10 bulb but that would fill the canopy and spill over into the overflow and leave no room for supplemental leds.Chris at Fish Scales uses a glass that he says[and others say]is even clearer than Starphirre so i cant wait to see this thing.

jpsika08

Great news on the tank Reggie! can't wait to see pictures and progress on it, will you be starting a new thread?

reeferman

thanks,im sure ill start one,probably in the reef chronicles,so you guys will have to come visit me out there.to be honest,i hardly ever venture out of the rsmoc so i dont know many folks out there.

Dweezil

thanks,im sure ill start one,probably in the reef chronicles,so you guys will have to come visit me out there.to be honest,i hardly ever venture out of the rsmoc so i dont know many folks out there.

We might be able to be bribed to come visit ;)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
LOL ^. Good luck with it all Reggie and make sure you give us a link to the new build.

Shamus

Good luck with the new build Reggie - knowing how your RSM looks, I'm sure it will be a nice looking tank! Looking forward to following the new thread!

kyley

Hey Reggie, saw you're getting a new tank - congrats! How large is it?

I was wanting to ask you about some coral coloration too. Where do you have your Miami Hurricane chalice? I've had mine at the bottom, near the top, and in the middle (currently), and it's remained mostly brownish instead of blue (wasn't very blue when I first got it, but it faded a bit more shortly after). Same with your strawberry shortcake - where do you have yours and has it kept the green base? Mine's more of a white/pink base. I have a couple milleporas that haven't colored up well either, but most of my corals have pretty good coloration (my pink lemonade looks better than others I've seen online). Take care,
--Kyle

reeferman

hey everyone,just stopping in to say hello.tanks doing great.been real busy on remodeling and work.im picking up the new tank this saturday and i had him build a custom sump/refugium made for the tank.i had to treat the tank with Interceptor again after some careless frag trading and i am red bug free again!i really hate those suckers!heres some pics i took today.a lot are just my frag racks growing out babies for the 120,some are some new equipment for the 120.ive got my light fixture in.its an ATI Sunpower 8x54w t-5s.i also got my skimmer,its an Octopus DNW-150 external cone skimmer.my Reeflo Dart pump should be here this week.so im about set,just need the tank and sump!ok,ok enough talking,heres the pics!
fts
63ce2826.jpg

081372d3.jpg

34d3267a.jpg

233ec587.jpg

6284646a.jpg

zoa frags,including Red and Purple Hornets,Rastas,Oxides,Aztec Sundials,Tubbs Blue,etc
1fcca1d1.jpg

34231a8c.jpg

140945e5.jpg

afbcc79f.jpg

5b9b779e.jpg

854dae45.jpg

sps frags,Strawberry Shortcake,Rommels Rainbow,Rommels Watermelon,Pink Lemonade,Ice Fire Echinata,Oregon Tort,Christmas Mirrabellis,etc
5938b29c.jpg

e8be3e0a.jpg

ATI Sunpower all wrapped up
98e293d7.jpg

f5643392.jpg

Octopus
4886017d.jpg

02513dd2.jpg

thanks for looking guys and ill catch up soon!

jpsika08

Wow, Reggie, your tank never stops to amaze me! it's incredibly beautiful!!! congrats. Lots of frags available for the 120. You will keep the 250 or you're going to sell it?

Also, good news on the new equipment and soon the tank in your home, must be very exciting!

reeferman

thanks guys!Terry,thats the plan!ive been collecting frags just to stock it up.i cant remember the last time i bought a colony of anything!i just love to see them grow.Juan,im selling the 250,i dont want any extra wc!