gareefermans reef

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hopefully they'll send a new rotor anyway. If it was me I'd go find the glue! I have an MP 20, which has a bit different setup than the MP10.

Might want to let the glue cure overnight to get the best bond?

reeferman

good to know on the mp20,instructions went over 10s and 40s,nothing on the 20s.i forgot you had the mp20.would like one of those too!it did blow like heck while i was trying to align it,im anxious to see reef crest!

Dweezil

JJ ~ I don't think we can repeat what Eddie is saying here.....nasty nasty LOL

Reggie ~ Bummer. I know how it is to get a new toy only to not be able to use it :( I think Vortech has pretty good customer service so I'm sure they will make it right.

reeferman

well i glued the piece and installed it!noisy at first but got progressively quieter,silent now.that little pump really moves some water,and everyone was right about the undertow!really really cool!im definitely a vortech fan now!seems to be plenty of flow even with my packed 250.much more than i had with two koralias.especially when i add another mp!very pleased even with a broken part!thanks everyone for your advice.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sounds good Reggie and glad to hear you like it! Be sure to pursue that replacement part - no telling how long the repair will hold.

tnwillia

Sorry about the problems with the pump Reggie. Someone else had the same problem in the last couple of months but I don't remember who. The "pin" and glueing it on triggered my memory. Good luck getting it fixed. No matter what you'll love it once it runs right!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Glad to hear that you're a Vortech man now Reggie! A real bummer that you had issues with it though. Nothing worse than getting all psyched up and then falling flat. I had my repacement impeller come for my No.1 pump last week only to find that it is for the Sicce and not the Hydor pump. Hopefully they'll replace it for you real soon and you'll have a spare rotor:)

reeferman

talked with ecotech earlier and theyre sending me a new rotor this week.they also said that the clip would not affect the pump at all and that all the noise was just it breaking in.he said go ahead and use it and i should be just fine,i didnt tell him i superglued it and was using it already!good to know that i wasnt doing any more damage.i really love this pump and cant wait to get another vortech!:snowski:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good deal Reggie! I've never heard of a break-in period for the Vortechs, but maybe the MP10 is different than the 20 & 40. Just good to hear that it quieted down and that a new part is on it's way.

tnwillia

+1^ my MP40s ran quiet from day one once I got them aligned wet to dry sides. I don't think this is the first time hearing this with MP10s. I'm going to get one for ma Mantis tank so I'll see what the differences are. Glad it's worked out Reggie!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My MP20 was the same Tom. Even with the new wet side I put in a week ago there was no noise once I got it quickly aligned with the dry side. The MP10 internal parts aren't quite the same as the 20/40 so maybe the 10 does have a short breakin period.

JimmyJ

Good news on the pump Reggie. :woohoo: I have read a few others with MP10's talk about the noise level at first with the break-in although I can't say this is true for all MP10's as mine was quite from the beginning.

reeferman

my left circ pump was blowing in the path of vortech so i added some Locline.i unscrewed left threaded fitting and took the last two fittings off.the 3/4" y snapped on that fitting very snug.it was a hard push but it went.i then reduced it to two 1/2"Loclines with fan nozzles.it worked out very well.i need to do the same to the right side.heres some pics.i need to rearrange a few sps up top now.
aa5ffa1d.jpg

9a5ef34e.jpg

14930832.jpg

a current fts.
24687b08.jpg