FREE Chaetomorpha

TomV

Is there a chance I could get some Chaeto?

The stuff I got off of eBay was half a small sandwich bag. :(

I'll have some money for shipping on the 15th.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have about 4 handfuls available if anyone is interested.
Asking $7 to cover USPS priority shipping per handful.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I wonder what it tastes like? :LOL:

That's a GREAT idea Woodie :) I need to start doing this. Up until now I have been giving it away locally or tossing it into the "Fire Pit" out back. I could ship it for free (well s/h). Next time I'll know.

While I have you, what kind of FLOW do you have through there?

Allen

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL.. stir fried chaeto! :yummy:

I have a LOT of flow through my fuge; so much that I must use a micron sock to muffle it or the sand will blow around. You've seen my fuge light thread haven't you? I have two lights on the chaeto now and I think it is growing twice as fast!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yes I have seen it. It's what I am thinking I will model my Fuge-Light after in a few weeks actually :)

Allen

ScubaDrew

Dang, wish I had seen this thread a few days ago. I just harvested and garbage disposed 1/2 a 7 gal tank worth. The stuff grows like crazy! I'll check here next time I've got a bunch.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Same here Drew man! No more tossing it on the burn pile. I can bag it n ship it :)

Allen

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yeah, this stuff ships VERY well. Add a little water and bag/box it up.... I usually send it priority with no issues.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I got mine from Brian in NC (can't remember whole screen name) but it came in a zip-Loc bag with a wet paper towel in with it. It smelled AWFUL but now that I am more experienced (that's not a comforting thought) I realize it smelled like the OCEAN! :lol:

Allen

Jason25

Hey if anyone has any left next week I would like some for my skimmer to use a suggestion Jack gave me, damn reality company always rent shame on them don't they know I am trying to build my reef.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Doni do you have any left? If you don't, I can try to clean mine out again early next week before heading on vacation.

Allen

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm leaving early next week for a week and I would like to "think" I'll have time to "thin"my Cheato before now and then. I was thinking I would send out approximately a sandwich baggy size. Is that about normal shipping size? It grows so FAST I don't see sending a BIG ball of it. Do you ?

Allen

Octoman

I'm in the market for some chaeto if anybody's got some right now. Finally getting my fuge lit up and running. Once I get it growing down there, I'll contribute back to the cause...