Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

koffee

Looking good!

I have a similar standpipe in my HOB overflow. It involved a lot more cutting of the bushing, but it works great! I still get a little surge in the sump, so perhaps the air flow could be tweaked more, but the important thing is that it is quiet and compact.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Frank looks AWESOME!! I may need to make a "Road Trip" this summer and take some LESSONS from you bro! That 120 is REALLY sharp!! Keep it up bro!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Here you go John. Acrylic Tube, 1/4" Wall
Sheets i am getting locally but i use them for tubes.
Thanks hma! All the animals are much happier now. :)
I have been building a calcium reactor. I'll try to remember to post pictures tonight.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Looking great Frankie! You have inspired me to do a similar thing to my tank. Now all I need is the courage!:)

Witfull

hey Frankie,,,,did i ever tell you about the single head of Palyotha got from one of your rocks?.....thanks Bro~

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice Dave! Post a picture here of it when you have time. :)
Here is the ca++ reactor i am building. I am not done yet but close. I just put in a few minutes a day on it. It is something like the Barr aquatics but i am not to sure how they plumb theres so i had to come up with my own way. The big seller on this design is there is not equipment or pvc coming out of the top. Easy access. It is a dual up flow.
000_2433_editedSmall.jpg

000_2431_editedSmall.jpg

000_2430_editedSmall.jpg

000_2432_editedSmall.jpg

JWarren

Dual media with CO2 on the pump side?

You are connecting them together yeah? Tube across the top?

or....

Are you going to make me wait for a thread to get the answer? :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
No thread for this one. The pictures should be enough if anyone wants to copy it. :)
No tubes on top. That would defeat the purpose. I want easy access. Both sides are up flow. One with co2 the other to buffer the ph back up before hitting the tank.
Stay tuned....

JWarren

Couldn't see how the tube without the pump hooks up, so I take it you are not finished yet and are teasing the heck out of us! OK! I see how you are now! :)

Alright I'll Stay turned.

Triggerjay

Great work once again Frankie! I have thought about adding a second chamber to mine,... but my PH is ok, so I don't know if I will..

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.