Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Excellent Frankie - Lookin good! You did a great job on the coast to coast. How's the closed loop working for ya....are you happy with the flow pattern it created?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Good work Frankie!! What type of lighting do you have over your mangrove? How many hours do you run them?

Frankie

RS STAFF
No Nikki, im not happy with the flow yet. I need to change a few things to get a better flow from it. The Ampmaster 3000 MOJO recomended is wonderful. Quiet but I made a mistake and used a 1" out flow to it and see that the flow is not what i was hoping for. It requiers a 1 1/2" pipe to get the right water flow I want after speaking to SPYKES and i'm planing on changing it. ugg! Thanks Gina:) i worked hard on the coast to coast and am proud of what I have done. The lighting on the refugium woodstock is a pc set up thats made for this purpose on a smaller fuge. Im looking into getting longer bulbs and rebuilding that. Its working fine but I want more coverage on the refugium. This weekend im going to start the entertainmet center framing and will get better and more pictures for you all to see. Thanks for all the support!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
FFrankie said:
The Ampmaster 3000 MOJO recomended is wonderful. Quiet but I made a mistake and used a 1" out flow to it and see that the flow is not what i was hoping for. It requiers a 1 1/2" pipe to get the right water flow

That is the same pump I have on my CL. I used 1-1/2" pipe on all CL plumbing, and reduced it at the bulkhead. I think you'll be happier once it is changed.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I agree with you Nikki. I didn't follow all the spec's on your thread and im paying for it now. :( Oh' well, thats the fun in this hobbie, learning the hard way. Thanks Doni :) yeah im excited to get started on the center this weekend. I'll keep you all informed as I go.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Easy come, easy go. Working on the tank today I found a leak in the bottom seal of the 120. Its a seem leak. I dumped the wole tank into a 500 gal. drum and am drying it out right now. My lfs owner offered me a new tank but that means i'll need to re-drill and build a new coast to coast overflow:( So im going to fix this one and get it back together. It will take me two days because the sillicone needs to cure. I have the 500 gal. drum hooked up to a skimmer so the live stock will be ok for as long as I need it. I'll try to get pic's of this road block for you all to see. I'm not to upset about it. I get to re-aquascape after all:) lol, wish my wife had my out look on this. Shes not to happy to have a 500 gal. drum droped into her livingroom. Well I guess i'll go take the kid to Chuckie Cheese while I wait for it to dry. I see its going to be one of them weekends.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Frankie,
sorry to hear about the leak....at least you can make room for your new caps!!! Had a guy at the house today buying corals who was begging me to sell him the green cap with purple edges.....but it's yours so answer was no. Hope all works out for you. Give me a call if anything changes.

Bryan

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nope, nothing will change. Have no worries. My little girl is going to take the road trip with me. She's very excited to go. She likes the orange cap most lol. Thanks again for holding them for me PSU4ME!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
So sorry to hear that Frankie!!

That's great that you can fix it. Put extra silicone on it!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
lol. im cutting all the old out all day. got it pretty clean so far. Ill re-silicone it tomorrow and let it sit till tues. or wend. ill be sure to do it good.

Gina

RS STAFF
I have to say, your handling the leak alot better than I would be! Good luck with the silicone job. Hope it does the trick for you. Keep us posted!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Ok, I finished the re-seal and am getting the little giant cut out for the new ampmaster.Ill be going to get the 1 1/2" plumbing tonight for the closed loop output. At least I get the chance to change a few things now:) Yeah Gina, I dont see the point in getting upset about this kind of stuff. I see it as advantage to get things just right. Wish the wife saw it my way! lol. Shes being more reasonable now that she see's that i'm keeping it clean as I go and not tearing the sun room apart.

Kimmy

You know thats how us women get from time to time. :) I wish Brian would pick his stuff up as he goes along but it always the day after.....LOL! Glad to hear things are coming along good for you Frankie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.