Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefLady

Staff member
Sorry about that FFrankie, I upgraded the gallery software and had to fix the "insert photo" hack. Should be all good now. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry everyone. I didn't get the clear pvc yet. I will have it tomorrow and will also be finishing up the sump/refugium. So i will have the pictures for you all to see over the weekend. I am doing a favor for a friend of mine who is a welder. In exchange for doing his crown mouldings in his kitchen he wants to make a custom stand for me with braided stuff tacked onto it. it would be a stand that the tank would slide into from the rear covering the plastic trim and running up the side corners then back around the rim. Im considering doing it. I think the iron stand framing the tank and refugium would look cool, simple and not so over bearing as the entertainment center i was planning on making. I could install black glass doors on the sides of the refugium hiding the overflow area and return area. Also i could put a upward swinging hatch made of glass or metal, (with etching on glass, a fish maybe? or some metal design on a metal hatch) to access the top to the refugium. Either way, the refugium is going to be on display under the main tank. fill you all in as i go:)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well after a long night I got the sump/refugium finished! I picked up all the water for the make up, 46 gallons of http://www.naturesocean.com/nutri_seawater_info.htm and the rest of the lockline. The clear pvc and joints came in but I didn't have time to go get them because my truck is down, (valve job:( and the wifes pissed because im working out of her car) so I'll get that tomorrow. I'll ask my friend Mark to lend me his camera tonight when I get home so I can get pic's of the set up. Last night SPYKES came over and gave me my first sps for the new tank. Thanks Dave! Well I need to get to work so I can get back and start the set up. If all go's well I will be transfering the 90 gal. over on monday night. :)

Last edited:

mkpaulson

FFrankie good luck in setting up your tank. I am really jealous of your coast-to-coast overflow. did you already purchase the ampmaster pump? keep the pics coming!

Frankie

RS STAFF
:) Im not witfull. The trouble is i dont have a camera and need to borrow my friends. I'll try to get it tonight so you all can see it. Sorrry for the wait.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Here's an update,
I have the 120 up and running now with the new sump/refugium on a 2x and 4x frame. The iron frame has been voted out by the wife and the entertainment center idea put back into action. Were now thinking of making a dummy wall that will house the whole thing with a door in the rear side for access. This would be good to do, giving me the room for a bigger skimmer behind the wall and be able to keep the chiller indoors. I'm guessing the toltal water in this new system to be around 190 gallons with the sump. the corals are looking good so far and the fish are loving there new space. The bottom spray bars slowed the flow down because the holes were to big. I am working on fixing that problem this week.There are no leaks in all the plumbing so I did a good job there. The little giant I used for the return from the sump was to noisy so I by passed it with a Quietone for the time being until I can get a ampmaster to replace it. The flow is a lot slower but it seems to handle the cost to coast overflow well. I'm sorry I dont have pic's yet and will be getting them taken tonight and posting them tomorrow. Oh! and I have the mangrove's rooted nicly in some tonga branch in the fuge too:)

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Good news Frankie! I am trying to imagine what it looks like ;) I really like coast-to-coast. I only have one corner overflow for my tank. :rolleyes:

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Great! Frankie - if you do the room behind the tank, try and get some sort of venting back there, so things don't get so stuffy and hot. Congrats on being "leak-free"! :D

Frankie

RS STAFF
picture's at last:)

ok everyone here's some pictures for you :) sorry it took so long. Its been hard getting my hand on a camera, my one friend didnt pull through but my other one mark did. hope you like what you see.

pic036_Small_.jpg

pic010_Small_.jpg

pic035_Small_.jpg

pic004_Small_.jpg

pic015_Small_.jpg

pic002_Small_.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.