forum crashing my browser

Does anyone else have this problem? This is the only site that does this to my browser, it crashes it and I have to close it and start again. I have had to retype too many posts because of it.

waucedah_joe

I view this forum on two different versions of firefox and two different versions of IE and have not had any issues.

lcstorc

I am not sure what you mean by crashing your browser.
I have been haning issues with connecting to RS and there have been a number of times I have typed a post only to get "page not found" when I go to submit.
I try to do a copy on long posts before I send that way I can re-open and paste when RS comes back up.

I get the typical window popup that IE has encountered and error and must be closed, send, or dont send and error report.

Maybe I should try firefox.

oh, and yes, I get the page not found too, but thats not nearly as annoying so I didnt mention it.

mps9506

Can't say that I've had any problems with IE or Firefox getting crashed by this website. I'm not sure what would cause it, other than I would recomend downloading and installing the newest version of Firefox.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
No crashing here but some 'page can not be displayed' messages. Make sure you have all of the recent MS updates.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's also possible you have a "Browser HiJack" going on. If that is the case, installing fireFox (which I highly suggest) will only HIDE the problems. If you continue having these issues, I'm willing to try and help but it's more of a one on one thing via email or PM's. I don't want to clutter up the boards and cause a FLOOD of computer issues to be directed to this website by typing suggested fixes and log scans.

If you want to feel free to PM me.

Allen

PS This is the closest thing that I have to a talent or specialty...

DrHank

I use the latest version of Firefox and it works perfectly every time. You may want to check your virus detection program to see if it has the latest updates too. I use AVG free edition and love it.

boozeman

most likely there is nothing wrong with your PC. It looks like Romey has been acting up all morning sometimes taking forever to load pages and post replies
:hammerhea
hopefully T will get it running smoothly when he gets back :invisible

mps9506

Even if the server is acting up, it shouldn't crash the browser with an windows error. I would definitely take Al up on his offer :)
FWIW I run AVG and spyware blaster to make sure no viruses, spyware, worms or ich gets into my computer :D

75reef

I cannot get onto this site from my computer at work or my laptop at home. It freezes on the home page and you have to end the program through task manager to get out of it. My other computer at home works fine. The ones that don't, I have to go to google and type in the site to go straight to a forums page to get in. I basically have to bypass the home page. Every once and a while it will lock up on another page once I am in but it is rare.

flricordia

I am the stupidist when it comes to PCs but I have never had any problems with IE and getting on here and pics always open pretty quick. I don' tknow if it makes a difference that I use cable connection. I am sure it does compared to dial-up. I delete my internet files every day and use Trend PC-cillin for virus control and it seems to work well.

Triggerjay

I have the same internet at work as home (cable) and it still locks on the homepage from work....I can go to any other site on the net, and RS is the only one that locks IE..

Jason

Frankie

RS STAFF
Have you tried Mozilla Firefox? Thats what i use. IE always gave me trouble and not just on this site.