(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbMazz

:idea: Here's an idea! To make up for your prank :makefun: post a LOT of pictures so we can see how your amazing system has progressed?

Thanks!
Barb

althea2you

lol... cruel just cruel i say!!!! only way to repent for your sins on the RS boards is by posting pictures! sorry but it is a must!!! lol. jk, glad your still around and that beautiful beast wasn't taken down!

cbui2

ok sure thing guys, its glad to be back

ok i have some pics saved few months backs, but
took me awhile to learn how to post pics again:D

here are the VHO's brackets that was mounted onto .5" x 1" white pine strips. 6 pc's were made to hold a total 11 bulbs. 1/4" bolts were used to hold them in place of aluminum light rack since wood screws was not reliable.

12-17.jpg

12-17a.jpg

cbui2

ok got some more pics, i'm getting better at this now:D
all lights are mounted then electrical wiring was done.
commercial velcro was used to hold 9 PFO moonlights in place.
question on the 3 icecap 660 looking at how they were installed will i need to installed the heat sink that comes with them where i have them mounted at?

12-22.jpg

12-22a.jpg

12-22b.jpg

cbui2

here’s how the vho’s look like with all of them installed.

12-18a.jpg

12-18.jpg

3 Reef Optix V Sun System w/400w PFO ballast 20k Radium will power the front of the main display
& currently 3 400w reeflux 12k for the rear on LA3

12-17b.jpg

12-17c.jpg

these are most of the pics awhile back i had saved, i will try to post some more pics up after this weekend. it will be busy this week since my 4th son will be making 2 this weekend.

first of all..absolutely insane set up..Tres tres bien!!

Bart must have taken the quote "...the bigger the system, the easier it is to maintain.", a little too seriously! :bugout: :lol:

What I don't understand is how could a beginner have built such an elaborate system? He must have had outside help from someone with experience and knowledge.

as for help,on the set up..
he definately had a plumber's help or knowledge when hooking up all that pipe..
being in the trade myself,that is the work of a licensed mind !

lcstorc

More pics. More pics.
My we are pests here. :)
Glad to hear it is still up and running. I can't wait to see a FTS.

cbui2

first of all..absolutely insane set up..Tres tres bien!!

as for help,on the set up..
he definately had a plumber's help or knowledge when hooking up all that pipe..
being in the trade myself,that is the work of a licensed mind !

no plumber's help for sure on this one, i was in the electrical field for 6yrs. knowing how to run conduit so its pretty similar also 12 yrs into car audio custom fabrication will do alot too. if you put your mind into anything you will be able to accomplished the task, but if you give up before even trying then you will fail. the complete build of the system was done entirely by myself with no additional help, besides the time when i had ask couple of friends to come by and help me carry the tank onto the stand besides that all me.

cbui2

i will try to get to pics later next week, by the time i get home from work i have about 3hrs to spend with the 4 kids before they go to sleep and in between this i feed all the tanks i have, and then doing regular maintenence and cleaning which then leaves me a little more time for myself. sorry scott but this is what got me in trouble in the first place taking pictures and posting them and not worrying about taking care of the system.

no plumber's help for sure on this one, i was in the electrical field for 6yrs. knowing how to run conduit so its pretty similar also 12 yrs into car audio custom fabrication will do alot too. if you put your mind into anything you will be able to accomplished the task, but if you give up before even trying then you will fail. the complete build of the system was done entirely by myself with no additional help, besides the time when i had ask couple of friends to come by and help me carry the tank onto the stand besides that all me.

I beg to differ on this one....but I will take your word for it..
plumbing is pretty easy when it comes down to it !

I can be positive on one thing though ..lol
if you did that all by yourself,with no help..
I would hate to see the amount of pipe and fittings that were
wasted over this build...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.