(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbui2

thanks guys, here are some pics i took, not so great and enjoy.
i am curious to know what this is, once in awhile they show up in my display. is there something i need to be worried about, i believed its coming from the snails. sorry bout flash
3-16-08.jpg

king of display for now :D
3-16-08a.jpg

3-16-08b.jpg

3-16-08c.jpg

3-16-08d.jpg

3-16-08e.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Great pictures dude! That Powder blue will rule the roost until you remove him. They don't back down easy.
The rock is coloring up really nice also.:thumbup:

heels92

I too just read this whole thread...what a novel. Drama, suspense, action, love...

This was truly an emotional roller coaster ride.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Wow gorgeous and robust looking Tangs !
Do you have any females with that Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus ?

cbui2

slakker - thanks thats what i figure since i do see them all the times, just want to make sure as i am afraid of anything happeneing to my display

Craig Manoukian - thanks, i do feed them alot since they are always following me back and forth :)

Triggerjay - thanks, he's a tough one

JoJo - thanks

Frankie - thanks as i know challenge of the powder blue. yes he is very aggressive, but watching all his moves throughtout the day. with the size of my display and 5 tangs in there will give them plenty of play room. it will be another 3-4 months before adding any type of livestocks. still adding corals almost everyweek. i will not add tons of livestock to fill the display up just b/c its big. i will only focus mainly on SPS, some LPS and softies. i will enough fishes to feed my corals, also be removing all the mushrooms soon.

heels92 - thanks

tbittner - thanks, as i wanted to start a thread to document most of the process so i have something to look back on. its been a year since i started the project.

cheeks69 - thanks, feeding them 5 times daily and monster skimmer to care of the rest. thats a female, but i will pair up later. they says its always best to introduced males last.

cbui2

the hardest employee finally gets to eat when everyone sleeping
3-24-08f.jpg

just harvest 5 weeks ago and now its full again :D
3-24-08c.jpg

3-24-08d.jpg

3-24-08g.jpg

with only 23 fishes, my skimmer will retired soon unless new arrivals are coming :D.
3-24-08.jpg

3-24-08a.jpg

3-24-08b.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Bart, your pretty talented. i would build yourself a Barr Beckett skimmer and sell that Deltec. Your going to require a more powerful skimmer in time. The pictures all look great dude!

Lee

Where did you get those African Yellow Belly Hippo's? I've been looking everywhere for a medium sized one and have had no luck

cbui2

Lee alot of stores do not have them. they were bought from wholesaler where i purchased them. sorry no website

cbui2

finally i should be ready to install my calcium reactor, its only been in my closet for a year :D. gonna need some assistant on this one
here's the list of equipment on hand
Deltec PF1001
90lbs ROWALith C+ Media
20lb CO2 Tank
Aquarium Plants CO2 Regulator
Milwaukee SMS-122

4-8-08.jpg

4-8-08a.jpg

4-8-08b.jpg

4-8-08c.jpg

4-8-08f.jpg

Status