ErnestoC RSM 650 S Piece Of Sea

ErnestoC

Fantastic to watch ! Thanks for sharing !

Your tank looks amazing, i am so jealous of your babies! My pair have never laid eggs, dunno why.

WOW your tank is looking amazing Ernesto I just hope I can make mine look half as well as yours does

Thanks Guys! I will keep you posted with the baby clownfish

Now.... today is not a very good day... I came back from a meeting and when looked at my tank I saw something moving in a rock, coming in and out from a hole... This is what I found...

mantis1.jpg

Not a good thing, now I need to set a trap.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Looks like a mantis shrimp - good hunting ;) this might work if you watch & lift when he is in there...

[video=youtube;QTRjbE5T5fs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRjbE5T5fs[/video]

ErnestoC

Thanks for your replies guys... Well I will,try to hunt it.I have a small trap I purchased to try to trap my Coral Banded, never used it and actuality I think it is for mantis.

I add some shrimp to it and put it in the rock I saw it.

The strange thing is that I never saw it before and that is the central rock which I see all the time, actually, I don't see it there anymore... Maybe he was out for hunting?

And I was blaming my coral banded for my cleaner shrimp and hermit crabs deaths.... now I know who can be # 1 responsible ...This is the trap I am using

ubare5y4.jpg

Wish me luck ;)

sromero287

Congrats ErnestoC, amazing tank and the best out there. Im loyal with the fish emporium as well. Im in Weston if need anything, congrats again.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good luck with the trap. I tried that on mine without success. I had to pull out the rock after I saw him in it. If you catch it, you shouldn't have trouble selling it. They are very popular.

bjasontoups

Man tuff break on that Hitch Hiker. . .It would be hard to dedicate a 650 to a Mantis shrimp!! Hanging around for the results.

J

ErnestoC

Fantastic to watch ! Thanks for sharing !

My pleasure!

Your tank looks amazing, i am so jealous of your babies! My pair have never laid eggs, dunno why.

They have to settle and find a rock where they will lay them... when you see they are redecorating one part of your tank and cleaning the rock where they are, then they are getting ready to lay eggs, if you see this do not intervene and let them settle.

WOW your tank is looking amazing Ernesto I just hope I can make mine look half as well as yours does

Thanks man! it is time and dedication I am sure you will get there! :)

Congrats ErnestoC, amazing tank and the best out there. Im loyal with the fish emporium as well. Im in Weston if need anything, congrats again.

Thanks romero!

Saw you have a chiller for $125, can i have the contact to buy one for my RSM130, some temperat issues, THANKS!!!!!

I am sorry I dont have a chiller for sale.. where did you see that?

Good Luck with removing the mantis shrimp

Thanks, no luck last night :(

Good hunting Ernesto - I hope you catch him without to much trouble ! :thumbup:

I hope so too Glenn! Now, I am sure that the rock where I spotted it is not his hiding place, that hole is my Midas Blenny's hideout at night.. the sounds also com from the right side of my tank... in the beginning I thought the snaps were from my Tiger Pistol Shrimp but now I know I have two snappers :) I will have to find its hideout and then put the trap just near it.

Ouch scary HH! Hope you get him soon.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Choff!

Good luck with the trap. I tried that on mine without success. I had to pull out the rock after I saw him in it. If you catch it, you shouldn't have trouble selling it. They are very popular.

I am sure I will not have trouble selling it, actually today I contacted my LFS and they told me they are interested :D

Man tuff break on that Hitch Hiker. . .It would be hard to dedicate a 650 to a Mantis shrimp!! Hanging around for the results.

J

I will definitely take it out, right now is not much of a thread but when it grows 2 more inches then I will start to have problems.

Good luck in getting the mantis out Ernesto !

Thanks David!