DStars RSM C250 big adventure

DStars

Just catching up on your tank progress. Congrats on the purchase and success so far.

As far as the leather is concerned, sometimes they will not open and shed a layer of 'skin' as they grow. Also, if your toadstool is anything like mine, it will drop buds, or chunks off the main coral, which grow in to new toadstools. When it starts, sometimes a tiny hole will develop and spread until a chunk falls off. I don't think I've paid for anything at my lfs the last couple of years, but used the credit I get for my toadstool frags.

Thanks...it sounds like the starting of a bud or chunk falling off. If or when it does...do I just place it on another rock to start growing on its own?

Pat24601

Just catching up on your tank thread. Wow, you've made a lot of progress with a lot going on! Pics look great!

Keep it coming, :)

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks...it sounds like the starting of a bud or chunk falling off. If or when it does...do I just place it on another rock to start growing on its own?

I let mine grow on the sand for a bit. This way the tissue will incorporate sand in to it and make it easier to glue to a rock or frag plug.

DStars

I let mine grow on the sand for a bit. This way the tissue will incorporate sand in to it and make it easier to glue to a rock or frag plug.
Thanks for the tips....this is all new to me.

The store I have been buying my fish and corals from told me 2 weeks ago they were thinking of starting some "classes" in the new year on reef keeping, fragging and the like. I will definitely go to them if possible to learn as much as I can. Plus everyone here at RS have been so helpful, thank you.