Dreaming.....

Oakhouse

Hi all, been a while since I posted... work work work makes Richard a dull boy.. lol

Been doing a little research on the web, just dreaming of a bigger tank and came across this...... thought you all might like this!

YouTube - Stuart's marine tank.mpg

Worked out its just shy of 960 US Gallons of water in the system!!!!!

Dweezil

Richard, there is someone right here on RS building a 1000+ gallon tank. (mattshack) If you haven't already, check out his thread. There are some pictures of when he was just starting where his 9 or 10 year old daughter was standing inside of it and looked small! haha here is the link 1000+ Gallon Display Plywood/Fiberglass Build

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi all, been a while since I posted... work work work makes Richard a dull boy.. lol

Been doing a little research on the web, just dreaming of a bigger tank and came across this...... thought you all might like this!

YouTube - Stuart's marine tank.mpg

Worked out its just shy of 960 US Gallons of water in the system!!!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that tank has too many fish? They all look fine & healthy but it just looks too crowded in there.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Tammy :) Healthy or not, just too many fish. They can hardly swim without bumping into each other.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Terry even my wife mentioned that and she doesn't follow the "rule" of stocking!!

She was like "We should have gotten a SCHOOL of yellow tangs for the 90g! Can we still add them?"

Is this system maintained via the "Natural Sea Water" method?

Oakhouse

It does look a little crowded... but WOW!
Heres some links to the build...

Stuart Bertram New Tank Project | The Aquarium Solution
Stuart Bertram's Aquarium - August 09 | The Aquarium Solution
Stuart Bertram's Aquarium November 09 | The Aquarium Solution

and the specs are:
"12ft x 3ft x 30" reef tank / filter 7ft x 28" x 28" Live sand & rock / 6 x 55w UV / Skimmers Deltec TC3070 / Deltec kalk & calcium reactors / GHL Profilux computer / ozone / tunze TS 48 / sock filter / 1000kg live rock / 200kg sand / 5 x 400w halides / 2 x sequence 15,000"

No idea about the natural sea water Al.

Tammy, been following MattShacks build, seems incredible!! Both his a Stuarts must cost a small fortune to maintain!

Nigma, LOL... It would probably be cheaper to build an underwater house on the great barrier reef!

Dweezil

Yes, as long as were "Dreaming" I would have to dream up a bigger house, someone to come over and take care of that tank and some sort of lottery winnings for a tank that big. haha

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tammy - but just think of all the fun and satisfaction you'd be missing out on if someone else took care of maintaining the tank for you! :)

Dweezil

haha on a tank that big I think I could enjoy it just fine if someone else did the work and I got to just look at it all the time.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'd love to do nothing but maintain these!!

Uggggg! :) Start a business - I know a chap that did that and he makes a nice bit of money setting up and maintaining tanks. If I was a lot younger I might consider it myself.