DO NOT order from Exteme Corals

lcstorc

No, that one was clearly the shipping company unless it was adressed wrong or something.
I was going back to the original complaint in the thread.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That's unfortunate! I have ordered from Extreme Corals in the past and have been 100% satisfied with the ease of placing an order; shipping; on time delivery and the quality of the specimens.

I would be interested in hearing how you handled the conversation with the owner.

I am 100% positive he put the hold on the package I called DHL. Lets not forget I had the corals shipped to a store to pick them up for the previous reasons mentioned above. When I talked to him he told me that he was going to be really pissed off if I just didn't pick it up because it was sent to the wrong store. I had it delivered to a UPS store because that was the shipper I paid for. He changed it to DHL to save a few bucks. Then he thought I just wouldn't go get it at the nearest DHL store which is an hour away. It wasn't even there either and it arrived a day and a half late. He was very disrespectful. I made this post to save people the trouble you can either believe my story or take your chances I'm only trying to help.

If he absolutely refuses to make this good, you do have other options. He shouldn't have changed where the package was to be delivered, especially without checking with you first.

If it isn't resolved, contact your credit card company again, and file a complaint with his local Attorney General's Office/Consumer complaint department. It is sometimes called the Bureau of Consumer Protection. They will help you in getting this resolved. You can find their information on the web.

I worked at a similar office in Pa, and we got complaints like this all the time. Good luck.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
There has to be a way to resolve this without resorting to such drastic measures, they are one of our sponsors for crying out loud!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I agree with Scott. At least let it "play out". In most cases you would want to give both parties involved at least a full week to investigate and make suggestions. That's a 2 week window. If at that time then take it to another level. :)

blue_eyes53813

I agree with Scott. Lets give it a little more time.. Newbreefer, I know how frustrating this is... We all feel your pain and hope it is resolved soon.. What kind of guarantee does Extreme Coral have?? I didnt go to the site. But I am sure they will stand behind this mess up or do their best to make it right..

It is gonna be very hard for any of us to side one way or the other because we didnt hear the whole converstaions... I believe both sides meant to do well for the livestock sake.. This is a very unfortunate thing to happen...

What was the date on the box as far as ship date and receive date... Maybe ,just maybe DHL made the mistake....

Who told you the shipper put the package on hold??? Maybe it was DHLs mistake.... Im sure this will get resolved soon..

Double check that it was shipped over night delivery and not a 1 day or 2 day delivery...

I am not saying they will not resolve this. But, I wanted him to know there is a solution if the problem does not get resolved. Very, very few people realize their options out there and take a monetary loss in the end.

BigJay

I am not saying they will not resolve this. But, I wanted him to know there is a solution if the problem does not get resolved. Very, very few people realize their options out there and take a monetary loss in the end.

sorry but this does not sound like a criminal action or an act of defrauding. Corals were ordered. Corals were shipped. Getting the authorities involved is hardly what I would recomend as the course of action.
Hes notified his credit card company which will most likley return his money. He won't shop there anymore and is letting you know his opinion. This is a civil issue not a legal one.

WatchinFish

all i know is i hope they fix the problem. especially as one of our sponsers they should help our member, they should actually help any customers. if they dont fix it its their loss in more customers cause i would never buy from people who act like that. even if they usually have great feedback. i wouldnt take a chance of an accident and when i try to get it resolved they b**ch at me. good luck

WatchinFish

their garantee
7-Day Livestock Guarantee

We go to great lengths to ensure that every coral or other livestock item you see on our site is as healthy as can be. And we use only the highest quality shipping materials and the most stringent packing procedures to help ensure that your new livestock reaches your tank in great condition.

We guarantee that all livestock will arrive alive, and stay alive, for at least 7 days.

Should you have an unfortunate loss within 7 days of receiving any coral or other livestock, we will gladly issue you a store credit that can be applied towards any future order. To be fair to us as well as to you, the following Terms and Conditions apply to our livestock guarantee:

You will receive a store credit for the exact amount of the livestock lost during the Guarantee period, which can be applied to any future order. We do not issue credit card refunds.

To receive credit for an item, the livestock in question must actually be dead. A coral that has lost some of it's color is not considered dead, as this is a normal occurrence with some corals due to shipping stress, etc. (please see below for more information).

You must report any losses to us within 24 hours via email to support@extremecorals.com and include a picture of the dead animal. If you don't have a digital camera we may ask you to mail back the dead animal, so please do not dispose of the dead item until you have talked to us.

You or someone else must sign for the delivery of your shipment on the first delivery attempt, otherwise our guarantee will be voided. We simply can't guarantee livestock that isn't delivered on the first attempt. For more information on shipping and delivery, please see the Shipping page.

We ship via UPS Priority Overnight mail which means all shipments are guaranteed to arrive by 10:30 in the morning. If not, you'll want to use the tracking number we gave you to track the package and find out the status. It may just be a little late, but please contact us immediately if tracking reports any type of problem with your shipment (lost, undeliverable, etc.)

Do not under any circumstances refuse a shipment. If a shipment is late, leaking, appears to be damaged, etc. you still must accept delivery on the first delivery attempt, otherwise our guarantee is voided. Our guarantee protects you from losses due to late delivery, damage, etc. - but only if you accept delivery on the first delivery attempt. There are NO exceptions to this policy.

To be covered under our guarantee, your tank must be fully cycled and you must adequately acclimate all livestock. You can find the proper acclimation procedures on our site, or don't hesitate to give us a call with any questions about acclimating new livestock.

their only argument culd be the declineing of the livestock wich is prover that you didnt decline anything. i think you should find a way to talk to them very profesionally and explain to them everything and how they are voiding their garantee.

prow

that sucks, i know how you feel. been there. not with these guys, it was Drfosters but they took care of me. 5 days wtih no response is jsut not acceptable, IMO. i would call everyday maybe even twice aday untill they make it right. call so much they will do anything do shut you up, make them fear that daily phone call, lol.

faust

i went through i simalar thing a while back with a different co. they shipped to my home when i had the delivery addy as my work. even claified and called to be sure it went to my work. sure enough it was at my home in the sun for over 10 hours. everything was dead. then the freakin hoops i had to jump threw to get my refund turned me off of mail order. with that said i watched where others here were getting things and placed a test order
everything was great and had 3x the heads i was expecting

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I like to hear a GOOD turn out! Stuff happens... I had an issue with a local company giving me the run-around on a replacement (Warranty) part. The manufacturer made good on it and I will never EVER buy from the local company again...