DO NOT order from Exteme Corals

I ordered close to $200 worth of corals and got next day shipping. They never showed up and the owner is saying its my fault because I probably didn't pick them up. He hasn't called back about getting a credit or anything.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sorry to hear about this. Please keep us informed about how this is handled. Hopefully you'll come to a positive resolution :)

The owner was a total jerk. I came to find out that he accidentaly put a hold on the package. Instead of making right by me after taking my money he goes on to blame me. Now he is ignoring my calls and will not call back. What a scam!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Easy there buddy. Let's not get crazy. I don't blame ya for being upset. Give it a little while and hopefully he'll get back with you. There may be something happening "Behind the scenes" we don't know. I'm sure he'll make it right buddy :)

lcstorc

The above advice is of course but what shape were the corals in when they did get there? Just curious since many types can handle an extra day if not exposed to the elements.
My other note is that I have ordered from them before with no problem at all. In fact I have placed 2 orders. Both went well from the beginning so I have no experience on getting issues resolved with them.

The package was suppose to arrive next day at 10:30 AM via UPS. It didn't arrive till the following day at around 4:00 PM by DHL. The corals were both dead. I then called him and said I want my money back this isn't my fault you didn't live up to your end of the deal. He said how do i know you just didn't go pick it up. I said check the records I tried 4 times that day. Then I called DHL and they said the shipper put a hold on the package. I haven't heard from him since then. By the way he was a total jerk on the phone arguing with his customer for 20 min and trying to blame me for his mistake.

WatchinFish

regardless of anything. its suppose to be customer support and should listen to everything. if he put a hold on your package then he should refund you or at least send you some new ones. good luck. people like that make me sick.

BigJay

forgive me if I am wrong but isn't putting a hold on the package mean for the shipper to keep the package at the location and not attempt delivery so someone can pick it up? Usually done when the receiver will not be home during the normal delivery times.

lcstorc

shipper or shipping company?
I think you are right Jay though I am not certain.
Perhaps the confusion was what shipping company was being used.

BigJay

shipper or shipping company?
I think you are right Jay though I am not certain.
Perhaps the confusion was what shipping company was being used.

shipping company. I've asked items to be held many times when I need them very badly and don't want to risk missing the delivery or having it mis delivered to the wrong address.

lcstorc

Now that I think of it, I have seen that frequently so people can avoid corals/fish sitting outside the front door exposed to the elements for hours. Usually you can pick up at the shipping company earlier than you can get it delivered to your door.

sambrinar

Regardless, the supplier should have good customer service. They should have more professionalizm to handle angry customers. Although it is hard sometimes when a customer is hostile (not saying you were), they are still the professional and should have said something like "let us investigate this for you so we can have some answers" avoiding phone calls makes it much harder to resolve issues

sambrinar

I had a situation with FedEx delivering my package to the wrong office, I called Dr F/S they were the ones to find out what happened and were very professional and helpful. that is how it should be.

lcstorc

I doubt the shipping company would do it unless the shipper requested it and apparently DHL is saying the shipper requested.
Let's all calm down and wait for them to respond.
It may be a matter of simple miscommunication between the buyer and the seller about how the merchandise was to be shipped.
The company could also come back with a resolution.