Dive into my 90!!

rebekwl

Here are a couple more pics. One of Pearly hiding in the corner, poor baby finally came out today!! Then there's one of my Bi-color Blenny, he's such a character. And I threw one in of my other branchin Hammer coral, I usually post pics of the other one, but this one's pretty too :D

Attachments

• rs 9-28-07 006.JPG
    rs 9-28-07 006.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 42
  • rs 9-28-07 011.JPG
    rs 9-28-07 011.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 43
  • rs 9-28-07 014.JPG
    rs 9-28-07 014.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 43

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I wonder what evicted pearly from her burrow? Everything looks great! That BTA may be bleached, or is that the camera?

framerguy

It's been a while since I looked at your tank thread Rebekah, and I must say WOW! I can't choose a favorite... but I'm leaning towards the bi color blennie, or maybe the watchman, the BTA is cool too, hmmm, ah heck- I love em all!!!!

rebekwl

Lorraine-lovely aren't they? What did you think abou thte 2 pics of the Montis?

Scott- I don't know what kicked her out, but it's sad :( I think it may have been tht pesky Serpent Starfish. The GBTA is deffinitely not bleached my camera is not the best though ;)

Thanks a lot Framerguy!

rebekwl

I am wondering what is wrong with these zoanthids. There are 2 polyps that look deformed in some way, and I'm not really sure what to make of it. They looked perfectly normal yesterday.

Attachments

• rs 9-30-07 006.JPG
    rs 9-30-07 006.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 29
  • rs 9-30-07 007.JPG
    rs 9-30-07 007.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 29

bluespotjawfish

Lorraine-lovely aren't they? What did you think abou thte 2 pics of the Montis?

Honestly?...The small purple one looks dead and the other half dead. Hope that isn't the case. Each day they should look a bit better. How are they looking now?

Sorry, but I can't see the problem with the Zoas well enough to provide any guidance. They could be splitting, something could have stung them, some type of chemical could have blasted them. Do they still look the same? :dunno:

rebekwl

Yeah, they still look the same, but whatever it is isn't spreading, so that's good.

I have great news! The Monti Plate that I just couldn't admit was dead is ALIVE!! I can see tiny neon green specs all over, I can't wait to get home to day to see what it looks like.

Also, the fuzzy muchroom is splitting!! I got a pic of it last night in the middle of the split, I'll take another this evening to show progress. I thought it was looking kind of weird th past few days!!

I also have baby shrimp everywhere in my tank!! They are in the fuge, behind the poweheads and hiding in some little rocks/shells on the bottom of the tank. They've been there for a while, and I never mentioned it because I thought they'd just die and get eaten. They have been around for a while now though. They are starting to look a bit red too. The only shrimp I have is my skunk cleaner shrimp, only 1 though, so I can't imagine how it would reproduce??? I wonder if any of the babies will make it!!

rebekwl

Ok, I moved the "orange" branching monti way up in the tank, and it started to look better amost immediately. I just think my tank is way too deep to have anything like that on the bottom since my halides are only 175w. The purple is still in the same spot and is not looking better. There is efficient flow around it and it is 1/2 way up in the tank, I can't figure out what is wrong with the little guy.

The Zoas started looking a little better yesterday. I found out that 1 of my Emerals crabs is actually living in them, maybe he did it?? The other Emerald died :( RIP little buddy. I think I will go back and buy 2 more this weekend, that bubble algae HAS TO GO!!

So here is my new dilema!! We are going out of town from 11/20-11/27. We need to get an auto top off set up ASAP so it can run for a few weeks before we leave, to make sure it's working properly. I'm not really sure how to go about it, and I'm not sure whether I should get some type of auto feeder for while I'm gone. We don't have anyone to stop by and look after the tank while we're gone and I'm scared to death that something will go horribly wrong!! My fishies are used to eating every day, and the idea of the float valve being disfunctional and flooding the tank with ro/di water scares the crap out of me!! How do we go about setting up a reliable ATO and making sure the fishies don't starve while we're gone??

framerguy

Hi Rebekah, I answered in your ATO thread about how to set one up and I would like to add here that I think it's a good idea to have an auto feeder/doser while you're gone.
My emeralds don't touch my bubble algae, I have to remove it by hand darn it. Have fun while you're gone!

hma

Hello Rebekah,

I use already for the past few years a ATO von AquaMedic (Niveaumat/Sp3000). Even with longer absence I had so far no problems thereby.

As autofeeder i use 4 times Rondomatic 400 from Grässlin. Therein you can keep dry and granu food for 27 days. With 2 automats you can so feed in the morning and in the evening …. in my eyes OPTIMAL:

futterautomat.jpg

rebekwl

Thanks a ton guys! I will deffinitely look into an auto feeder. I'm guessing I will have to use freeze dried food instead of frozen? Is there any certain kind that is highly recommended? I only feed frozen, so I'm sure my fish are very spoiled, I better start feeding them dry food here and there so they can get used to it.

Thanks for the reassurance that everything will be fine Heinz. I'm so nervous about leaving the tank unattended for a whole week!! I hope I can keep my mind off of it for the most part while we're gone!!

bluespotjawfish

Hi Rebekah, good to hear about the red monti. The purple one sounds like a gonner. I would guess being so small and getting knocked off was too much for it.

I have a pellet food that I sometimes use that the fish love. Marine Gro. I have tons if you want to stop by sometime and get some. Feed before so you know they will eat it, then fill the auto feeder with very light feedings.

ATO - How much do you evaporate each day? Guess I'll head over to your other thread about that.

hma

The problem with freeze dried food is, it is extreme lightweight and swims a time on the water surface. Not all fish take food from the water surface. As Lorraine already said, pellet and granu food is optimally suitable for auto feeder.

How much gal fit into the ATO tank and how much gal can yours sump still additionally take up without overflow . In the ATO must be fewer waters than yours sump still can take up. That is the only question which you has to clarify.

rebekwl

Hello guys and gals! I know it's been a LOOOONG time since I've been on RS daily, and even longer since I've updated this thread. I looked back at the beginning, and I can't believe how bare it was, it's so funny, because I remember being so excited about it!! I'm sure I need to update my signature a bit, we just picked up a new Yellow Eye today, he's GORGEOUS, but wasn't up for pics, you can see a glimpse of him in a couple though. The Tomini isn't his normal self either, I think he's a bit salty from the addition of his new tank mate!! Here are some current pics, don't mind the bubble algae, I pick this stuff off all the time, and have tried Emerald Crabs, and CANNOT get rid of it!!

Attachments

• Tanks 016 RS.JPG
    Tanks 016 RS.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Tanks 017 rs.JPG
    Tanks 017 rs.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Tanks 018 rs.JPG
    Tanks 018 rs.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Tanks 019 rs.JPG
    Tanks 019 rs.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Tanks 020 rs.JPG
    Tanks 020 rs.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 25

rebekwl

Here are some more...

Attachments

• Tanks 023 rs.JPG
    Tanks 023 rs.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Tanks 024rs.JPG
    Tanks 024rs.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Tanks 025 rs.JPG
    Tanks 025 rs.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 25
  • Tanks 026 rs.JPG
    Tanks 026 rs.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 24
  • Tanks 027 rs.JPG
    Tanks 027 rs.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 24

rebekwl

And more...

Attachments

• Tanks 028 rs.JPG
    Tanks 028 rs.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Tanks 029 rs.JPG
    Tanks 029 rs.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Tanks 030 rs.JPG
    Tanks 030 rs.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Tanks 031 rs.JPG
    Tanks 031 rs.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Tanks 033 rs.JPG
    Tanks 033 rs.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 24

tbittner

Hi Rebekah! :hallo:

Welcome back! Fabulous pics! :)

Test for phosphates. I had bubble algae and it completely disappeared after I started running phosban reactors and eliminated phosphates.