Dive into my 90!!

rebekwl

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do about the Candy Cane? I'm not sure if you can see it really well in the pic. Is there hope? :(

I just did some tests to make sure my water is still ok:

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
pH-8.2
Water feels cool, probably around 79-80 (My thermometer is crappy, have another one on the way)
SG was 1.025 yesterday, we didn't do a water change or anything, just topped off as usual, so it should still be at 1.025

bluespotjawfish

Rebekah, these all look like they will come around. Never mind the PM, I'd leave them where they are, except the xenia. Is it in a high flow area? If so I would move it to medium flow. Does all the xenia look like this, or is some of it better than others. The frogspawn looks great, but you need to keep those monster snails away from it or glue it down (and we know how much you love glue)! Can you move them to your other tank? You only had two huge ones right?

How many hours are you running your MHs now? Are these corals under them or just the pc's?

How is your chemistry lab coming along?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Funny story about glueing down. I had a small frag of birdsnest coral nicely mounted on a ceramic disc. I had it firmly sitting in a hole in the LR, not glued down. Well Dotty decided she wanted it for her burrow and pulled it down. Needless to say, it got buried and died, but Dotty got a new front porch ornament! :smack:

bluespotjawfish

Here is a pic of the trumpets when I first introduced them to my tank. My big fish kept tipping them over, then my Bluespot decided they were his home. You can see the skeleton there too.

Come to think of it, I dipped my Green Striped Mushroom rock yesterday after you left and it isn't happy at all today. You wouldn't even recognize it! I'm pretty sure it will come around, but that might be what your problem is, rather than anything you had control over.

Attachments

• M0014910.JPG.JPG
    M0014910.JPG.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 42

Anselth

My Caulastrea has gone headfirst into the sand, but has always recovered. Give it a few days, it should be ok.

tbittner

Awesome tank, Rebekah! I'm absolutely STUNNED at how fast everything cleared up for you. Everything looks so happy! I really need to quit messing with mine so much and let everything settle in and hopefully enjoy their new home. :)

rebekwl

Rebekah, these all look like they will come around. Never mind the PM, I'd leave them where they are, except the xenia. Is it in a high flow area? If so I would move it to medium flow. Does all the xenia look like this, or is some of it better than others. The frogspawn looks great, but you need to keep those monster snails away from it or glue it down (and we know how much you love glue)! Can you move them to your other tank? You only had two huge ones right?

How many hours are you running your MHs now? Are these corals under them or just the pc's?

How is your chemistry lab coming along?

The Xenia were in a pretty high flow area, but I moved them so I'm hoping they'll be ok later on today. The smaller stalks on the one big rock do not look the same.. They are out, but not perked up, they look the worst.

I suppose I can try to glue the Frogspawn, sounds fun! LOL, I think I need to get some new glue first though, maybe some that won't all float away. I may just put the huge snails in my QT though, or my sump. They could do some good down there. They are my hubby's favorite snails though so I don't know if he'd go for it.

The corals are right in the middle of the tank, and my husband bent back the reflector to try to get as much MH light to the back as possible. Hopefully that will help.

Chemistry is great!! I went to mix up the solutions last night, but the bottle that hubby filled with RO water smelled like Apple Juice to me. I had to sanitize it with vinegar and water, and set it out to dry overnight. I will mix everything up this evening, I PROMISE, LOL!! I just tracked all my new goodies (misc. test kits, refractometer, digital thermometer) and they are scheduled to get here tomorrow, YAY!! I can't wait!

rebekwl

Funny story about glueing down. I had a small frag of birdsnest coral nicely mounted on a ceramic disc. I had it firmly sitting in a hole in the LR, not glued down. Well Dotty decided she wanted it for her burrow and pulled it down. Needless to say, it got buried and died, but Dotty got a new front porch ornament! :smack:

Those BSJF are such characters!!

rebekwl

Awesome tank, Rebekah! I'm absolutely STUNNED at how fast everything cleared up for you. Everything looks so happy! I really need to quit messing with mine so much and let everything settle in and hopefully enjoy their new home. :)

Thanks alot! It certainly was a mess in the beginning, I'm glad I'm finally getting somewhere! :D

bluespotjawfish

Hello Rebekah, just checking in. How's the chemistry homework coming along (you knew I would ask this didn't you)? Ar eyour new corals starting to look any better? My mushroom rock isn't the same yet. It reminds me of the dip from Roger Rabbit! Poor things! Hope all is well.

rebekwl

Hello Rebekah, just checking in. How's the chemistry homework coming along (you knew I would ask this didn't you)? Ar eyour new corals starting to look any better? My mushroom rock isn't the same yet. It reminds me of the dip from Roger Rabbit! Poor things! Hope all is well.

The Candy Cane is really coming along. I think it has a little ways to go, but is looking beautiful, just like you said it would. The Xenias still haven't opened completely, but seem to be doing a bit better. That dang Gorginian won't stay in it's hole, lol. I think I'm going to have to re-glue it.

One of our Halides went out yesterday :( I cleaned them the night before so I think it was my fault. I must have accidentally touched it or something
:cry1: Hubby thought it would be funny to tell me "something" died. HAHA, not funny! I'm glad it wasn't something "living" but now we have to buy new bulbs, phewy!

I tried my new tests and I think I need some practice. I did the Alk twice and it came out different both times, and my calcium came out to 400, I'm not sure if it was right though. I didn't have any time to mess with the tank yesterday, so I will have to retest this evening and see if I can get the hang of it. For some reason I don't have a Mag test. I thought I ordered one, but all I got was Phosphate, Calcium and Carbonate Hardness. I must have left that one out on accident so I need to get one soon.

I am really wanting to order a pair of Yellow Headed Jawfish, but I'm scared that they'll die during shipping. Do you know of anywhere that has them locally? I look everytime I go into an LFS, but never see any :( Even 1 will do, I just think a pair would be neat.

bluespotjawfish

I'm home today so if you are out and about and want me to test water, bring me a sample. I have a mag test, and got a new calc test too.

That's too bad about the halide bulb. No touchy! :smirk: Make sure and get it replaced right away, your corals have become dependent on it for their food source.

rebekwl

I'm home today so if you are out and about and want me to test water, bring me a sample. I have a mag test, and got a new calc test too.

That's too bad about the halide bulb. No touchy! :smirk: Make sure and get it replaced right away, your corals have become dependent on it for their food source.

I am going to try to drag hubby out to check out a few LFS this evening. I haven't been in such a long time and I think I need a new fish :D If we are planning on coming out your way I'll give you a call. I am going to look and see if there are any Hlides at any local stores, but will probably end up ordering online instead. We are going to switch the one good bulb back and forth until the new ones come in, bummer! I tried not to touch it, I swear!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I am really wanting to order a pair of Yellow Headed Jawfish, but I'm scared that they'll die during shipping. Do you know of anywhere that has them locally? I look everytime I go into an LFS, but never see any :( Even 1 will do, I just think a pair would be neat.

You can't always see these because of their burrowing hiding habits. I'd ask the LFS employee if they have them or ask them to order you a pair.