Did you buy your RSM before or after finding the RSM Owners Forum?

Did you buy your RSM before or after finding the RSM Owners Forum?

• Before

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • After

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hmmm... So we can safely say RSM owners find this site AFTER their puchase?

Yes this would be a true statement.

But we can also say, many also make a rsm purchasing decision after input from the RS forum. Which makes in my mind... the fact that Red Sea should be pro-active here to solve & address problems !

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
Red Sea Max Skimmer

Agreed Glenn! So it's important we let everyone know of the Red Sea Max 250 skimmer pump problems before they purchase. Believe me, I wish everyone found this forum BEFORE they purchase the RSM250. I'm doing what I can to let people know, because I don't want them going through what we are going through. Our conclusion is that if you purchase a RedSeaMax 250 - it's only a matter of time before the impeller/pump fails. Red Sea aren't doing anything about it glenn, when is the last time you saw steveh or anyone else from RedSea here? I hope you can understand why I get really annoyed. It will soon be time to put future buyers off buying the RSM250 completely.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Seems like quite a few are now showing up after getting a tank, looking for answers to major problems that Red Sea is avoiding.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My 130D skimmer works...ok

Terry & others... when Steveh was most active & all the 130 owners had skimmer problems before the release of the D model, what was Red Sea's response to skimmer problems on the 130's?

I read a lot of post about problems with other brands too, the 9002's & the ER's. It seems producing a skimmer that works well in any small tank seems to still be a bit problematic & not as simple as one would think, thus... Red Sea real problem may be they just don't have an answer, is the only conclusion I can come up with & no other vendor has the answer (a drop in skimmer, that works well & has no problems) either.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey reefer, i've not heard that many complain about the 130 skimmers though..

Ray - someone correct me is I am wrong, but almost all the 130 owners seems to say thier skimmers didn't skim. It was not until around 1-1-2009 when the 130D's came out that the 130D owners started saying the skimmers are now better & work "ok" & still some 130D owners would argue this...

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I am in the market for a tank and was close to buying a RSM 250, but after reading about the issues that you people are having, I am very reluctant to do so. What do you guys think is the answer?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I am very happy with my 130D purchase :) and I don't hesitate to recommend the 130D.

I can only speculate/guess that the skimmer pump problem on the 250 will be addressed & fixed.

I do know to me, the RSM tanks are the most beautiful tank on the market & you can have a beautiful reef tank with a RSM, the owners forum full tank shot thread is full of them...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - to my knowledge Red Sea wasn't active in any forums till SteveH showed up here, and another Red Sea gent on a bigger forum. Microbubbles and poor skimming were the main problems since the release of the 130 in Europe, and hadn't been addressed with a fix even after the 130 was released here in the US. Pinky was all we had, and she's great at customer service but not a technical engineer. So, we had endless mods being done on the 130 skimmer to try to stop the bubbles and to get it to skim something. Some skimmers worked well and others very poorly. I guess it depends on luck if it was assembled correctly or not. I'm still convinced that there are a few key tolerances on the 130 skimmers, and if you got one hand assembled just right you got one that works. I'm still amazed that Red Sea has stayed with the same basic skimmer engineering on all of the RSM models - an unnecessarily big unit with a great big heat generating pump. There's much better technology out there these days.

redsea reefer

Glenn - to my knowledge Red Sea wasn't active in any forums till SteveH showed up here, and another Red Sea gent on a bigger forum. Microbubbles and poor skimming were the main problems since the release of the 130 in Europe, and hadn't been addressed with a fix even after the 130 was released here in the US. Pinky was all we had, and she's great at customer service but not a technical engineer. So, we had endless mods being done on the 130 skimmer to try to stop the bubbles and to get it to skim something. Some skimmers worked well and others very poorly. I guess it depends on luck if it was assembled correctly or not. I'm still convinced that there are a few key tolerances on the 130 skimmers, and if you got one hand assembled just right you got one that works. I'm still amazed that Red Sea has stayed with the same basic skimmer engineering on all of the RSM models - an unnecessarily big unit with a great big heat generating pump. There's much better technology out there these days.

ReefMack hit it on the button.

redsea reefer

You were also right Glenn.

I'm thinking about the Tunze 9002 cause I'm ready to throw in the towel with the rsm skimmer...:surrender:

Other than the skimmer, I do like the tank better than other AIO except ELOS tanks but they are very expensive.

Chimo192

Purchased our RSM 130 about 2 months before finding this forum.

RSM does make beautiful AIO set ups in appearance ( Skimmer much to be desired)

Customer support is second to none, excellent.

Planning on starting a 90 gal set up within a few months.