Did you buy your RSM before or after finding the RSM Owners Forum?

Did you buy your RSM before or after finding the RSM Owners Forum?

• Before

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • After

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Blurp

Yes, and though found it was not as AIO as thought,still a good tank to have in your living room, true that other tanks allow you further possibilities and greater sizes, but aesthetics do rule at home :):):)

tjbtexas

I found the site right after. was looking for a Tank, found the RSM, wrote that big check ;) and then immediately ran to the web to find a support community for my new addiction :)

Shamus

I found the forum first - a lot of the info I found here actually helped me make the decision.

tnwillia

My LFS had a 1 year old 130 set up on display. Saw it and fell in love with the tank. I wanted something bigger so he told me the 250 would be out around Jan 09. I got my name on the list 6 months in advance for the first one he got. Went home and found RS a week later and never looked back. Spent the next 6 months reading everything on here about the 130 good, bad and in between. Thanks to you all I was ready for my tank when it arrived.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Obviously before for me! Seriously, this poll won't be as accurate as possible as we have so many folks that are here for a while and all of a sudden disappear. A lot of the originals and even some fairly new owners just aren't posting anymore. It seems like we get a lot of owner turnover, with a fresh "crew" that hangs around for a while, then they fade away. Wish I knew what happens to them! Maybe they're just not permanent forum addicts. When I was still counting we were up to 60+ 130 owners and I know there are more now, but most aren't posting anymore. I'm more interested in seeing how many replies we get total.

echopiece

LOL, I actually made my mind up before I found this site. That being said, during my research I found this site and it made my decision rock solid! So technically, I bought it 99% before and 1% after :smirk:

Symbiosis

Was looking for a p&p, decision made after finding this forum. Though I wish I had waited untill the 250 was more widely available. So much beautiful coral out there, so little room.

Keith

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hmmm... So we can safely say RSM owners find this site AFTER their puchase?

It looks like it. So many have come & gone it's hard to tell, but before we got this setup at Reef Sanctuary and early after, most owners had their tanks already before finding us. Hopefully Red Sea will come up with a remedy on the 250 skimmers soon, since I'd think anyone reading about that issue would avoid that tank, which is sad because it's a beauty of a tank.

proenca

Funny story mine : I had the OK from the SHMBO to have a small reef tank...

well I lvoe big angels and big tangs and the idea of a small reef tank was almost leaving me depressed.

I love colours and movement and actualyl I had big reef sbut I like softies more than sps so a small tank was coral feasable but not fish feasable...

small water means int he end, small room for error... and thats not good :)

anyway, I was quite unhappy with the idea and I was trying to convice myself to keep seahorses but still....

Thats when I discovered the RSM ( which I was completely unware of ) and start searching on google for sucess ( or horror stories to be honest ) stories...

I stumbled upon this forum ( so to answer the post was BEFORE ) and was this forum that inspired me to buy it - so many sucess stories, modularity of the system , great chaps, etc etc.

So basically when I put everything together and if the tank breaks and all the fish die - I'll blame you all :)