DianaKay's RSM 250

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Just got done reading your thread! Great job so far!!

IMO, there is almost no such thing as too much flow in a reef tank. As mentioned already, I highly recommend at least one MP10 in there and if you can, get it with the battery back up!

Keep up the great work!

Oh btw, I order all my fish, corals and supplies on line. Never had a problem. My favorite place for corals is the Reefgardener. Morgan is great! Her corals arrive pest free and look better in person than her pics. 90% of the corals in my tank have come from her.

Thanks for reading through my thread Spirofucci! I'm having so much FUN with this aquarium. I checked out the Reekgardner, looks great...Thanks for sharing! My 1st on-line FISH & coral are scheduled to be here MARCH 5th, NEXT TUESDAY...I'm overly EXCITED :D. (Hard to wait!!!!) coming from Blue Zoo. If it goes well, I may just order on-line from now on. My LFS is 90minute drive & I don't get to go very often. I'm still thinking about the MP10...there are lots of ???'s I have about it. I want to research it more before I order one.
Speaking of "back-up" ...Hubby got me a BIG generator & it's out in his "car barn"....I'm happy about that :)
:jumprope: Come on TUESDAY!! :biker

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I am not saying this because I have one for sale but I would consider a used MP10 just because of the cost. I purchased a used one because I was sure if I would like it.

Thanks for reading through my thread Spirofucci! I'm having so much FUN with this aquarium. I checked out the Reekgardner, looks great...Thanks for sharing! My 1st on-line FISH & coral are scheduled to be here MARCH 5th, NEXT TUESDAY...I'm overly EXCITED :D. (Hard to wait!!!!) coming from Blue Zoo. If it goes well, I may just order on-line from now on. My LFS is 90minute drive & I don't get to go very often. I'm still thinking about the MP10...there are lots of ???'s I have about it. I want to research it more before I order one.
Speaking of "back-up" ...Hubby got me a BIG generator & it's out in his "car barn"....I'm happy about that :)
:jumprope: Come on TUESDAY!! :biker

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I caught Charlie watching the fish today :laughroll
F48AF65D-76F9-45CD-B3D5-4DBA31804758-4816-000005A601AD5E35_zps41fb629f.jpg
[/IMG]
And here's my granddaughter on vacation in Florida today...I'm fish-sitting with her RSM 130 this week.
2D9C33F9-C9D5-4293-9985-5B3D08CC53A2-4816-000005A6189555A5_zpsf8d04d91.jpg
[/IMG]
Getting a new fish TUESDAY from Blue Zoo...if it's in good shape after shipping, will post a picture update :)

JoeCanada11

Looking forward to seeing what you get in the order. I may be bringing home a couple goodies tomorrow if I have the energy to acclimate properly as I'm on night shifts right now.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks Glenn! :)
Well, IT'S TUESDAY....I'm sitting at work waiting for my NEW FISH (a Midas Blenny) to arrive via FedEx.
Hope it had a good safe trip :fishy: & is ready for a few hours drip time & it's new home in my tank. :)
Should be here SOON :dance:

theplantman

New occupants are so fun. I will be placing my ricordia order this weekend and probably pick up my royal gramma.

mtsully71

I think you will be impressed with Blue Zoo Diana, I also have some corals coming in tomorrow......Alas, I have no more room at the Inn now, OOHHH but I will get my Barnacle Blenny....

Have fun later

Sully

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:dunno: pacing the floor & they are only 5 minutes LATE, LOL! This is like waiting on a new baby, for sure ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
IT'S HERE :) New arrival at 11:20AM....home & now drip acclimation in process. I tested the water in the bag with my refractometer and it tested at 1.019 ....seems like a bit of a YIKES! to me, should I be concerned? I'm dripping very s-l-o-w
7A13A91A-8F83-41ED-A7A8-22D10439B2F6-4816-000006AA92F02CD3_zps896265e7.jpg
[/IMG]
Charlie had His last little look & now he is locked in his room until new arrivals are in a safer place :)
(Can you see his Mickey Mouse tattoo?) He likes our new hobby too. :heart:

Last edited:

Spirofucci

Midas, the best reef fish ever! You are gonna love that guy.

A lost of fish vendors keep their salinty low because it cuts down on disease and parasites. Just do what yer doing and you'll be fine! Pics soon we hope!

LSUFireGal

How is the little guy? The local reef club did a group buy of Wyoming White Clowns an those guys were nice enough to donate a pair to my son. They seem to be doing nicely. Here is a pic of them floating.

2F4CF4DD-4088-4F59-B51B-690A458881DF-7617-000008FDC07DB756.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
How is the little guy? The local reef club did a group buy of Wyoming White Clowns an those guys were nice enough to donate a pair to my son. They seem to be doing nicely. Here is a pic of them floating.

OMGosh, those are gorgeous clowns!! My new addition (Midas Blenny) was in full cammoflage and hiding under my toadstool coral this morning. I drip acclimated him for about 3 hours & then floated him to temp acclimate. Needless to say, the poor baby has every right to be stressed. I have no idea how long it takes for them to turn back YELLOW but I hope he does.
I'm excited to get off work this evening & see my new zoas & mushrooms. I haven't seen them opened yet.
Here's my new baby temp floating in the bag:
A2978C1A-860A-453A-967F-D387C55A894E-4816-0000076A177631F8_zpsb839ed35.jpg
[/IMG]
And here he is wondering "what's next?" After he got outta the bag:
279B479B-6F1F-454D-80B6-AA11DF15FFD1-4816-0000076A1C90E714_zpsceb4e0df.jpg
[/IMG]
Hope to post a picture of him lookin sweet in his YELLOW color soon :)

JoeCanada11

Sweet. Love getting new inhabitants. My gobies will be next possibly followed by a royal gramma or banggai, over time of course.

Spirofucci

Nice clowns! Looks like they have cool markings!

edit: lol, those aren't your clowns, I thought I was on LSU's.

In that case, nice Midas!!!! I think I can safely say that he will become your favorite fish. :)

LSUFireGal

Thanks! I guess I shouldn't have posted that pic on your thread. I just wanted to share that we got new babies on the same day. ( If you want to have mods remove it I understand, I was just overly excited.). They gave my son a few nice frags too. I am so thankful to have those guys care about my son so much. I didn't know anything about Wyoming White Clownfish until after I acclimated them, I knew designer clowns could be pricey, but if I had known I would have been a nervous wreck. Lol

Glad your little guy made it safely! I am sure he will color up quickly, my tail spot blenny turned grey when I put him in my main display from the biocube yesterday but he had colored up by lights on this morning.