Devons in wall 100

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
I think I cracked it from vibration while cutting the dividers. Its in the front sheet 2" from the bottom. The crack doesn't touch any edges.

jpsika08

Thanks for the vote of confidence Matt :D

Devon,
Assuming that is the DT where the dividers where, even if you use some bonding glue the pressure it will have with water in it can probably end cracking the whole glass.

Are there any local tank building which you can call for advice? I bet they will tell you to change this sheet.

Can you take a pic of this?

Built347

I will take a pic when I get home... it is cracked right where the divider is glued to the front acrylic. I marked it 3 days ago and it has not moved at all... I'm really hoping to just "hot" seal it.. if I have to replace the front sheet I'm just scrapping the tank and having a glass one built.. I am not completely comfortable with a plastic tank anyway. Lots of peeps have acrylic tanks so I figured it would be OK...(until I cracked it..lol)

jpsika08

Aaaa sorry, I thought it was glass, if it's acrylic you can bond it, have never done it but I know it's possible.

Built347

I prefer glass. My 125 is glass and I don't ever pull my hair out stairing at it bowing from water pressure..lol

Built347

This is the crack Juan.
IMG_20111208_192533.jpg

I ordered some weld on #4 today. ill give it a shot when it gets here.. too bad nobody local has it. this is a wrench in the gears!

jpsika08

Not too big, still needed to take care of it.

Hope you solve this as soon as you get the weld on.

Built347

Got all of the plumbing done today.. I put 100 lbs of dry rock in it the other day.. I cant wait until some coraline starts growing on it. Its really white!

Next is paint the wall and i think im done with the assembly.

IMG_20111228_184634.jpg

IMG_20111228_184233.jpg

IMG_20111228_184209.jpg

phantom2991

good luck! i love the way it looks in the wall. ever actually buy a house, i would love to do something like that. :)

Stretch

Hmmm don't know how I missed this thread... Sweet build man! I want an in wall pretty bad too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Built347

THANKS ALL!.........SO!!!. Still haven't decided what to put in this tank... What would you guys recommend??

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

landshark

Great build, keep the picture coming. what about the sump and living refugium have you decide on which way to go. I love living refugium .

Built347

If you saw the pics of the sump the big chamber on the left( about 75g) is going to be rock wall on one side and as much macro as I can fit in there and not look cluttered.. then lots of cuc. I'm still at a loss of what to do in the 100 though.. if you ask anybody( like my gf) who's not really into aquariums.. all you hear is" is it saltwater? Get a shark".

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk