Deep Water Acros-got em'?-let's see em'

Snappy

I think deep water acro's are some of the most under rated sps pieces in our reef's. I'm interested in seeing what others have cause I kind of like them, so if you have any let's see some.
Here is a shot of my oh so fragile A Jacquelineae. Nothing fancy but I think the growth forms are kind of groovy.

A_jacquelineae_1-1.jpg

reefjitsu

:lurk: Just tagging along for this one. This is one group I think is awesome, but have never really had.

mps9506

No deepwater acros here. I'm more of a millepora and tort fan myself :)
But you are right they are gorgeous.

Snappy

Hey Daddy Jax.......now that's what I'm talking about. Sweet!!!!!
What is that? A Loripes or something?

Jason25

Deep water acro's, I am assuming they have low light requirements? If so that's exactly what I am looking for can you guys give me some names of some? I love those in the photo.

InLimbo87

Deep water acro's, I am assuming they have low light requirements? If so that's exactly what I am looking for can you guys give me some names of some? I love those in the photo.

Don't quote me on this one, but I believe the deepwaters need just as much light as other species of SPS.

mps9506

They are still what I would call a high light species. They actually seem a bit more delicate than shallow water table species. Keep in mind deepwater is a relative term.

aquaman3680

The way that I always understood deep water corals is that they do not have much color at all, being in places with little light. It is only when they are exposed to good quality light that they show any true color signs, making them more "rare".

Matt

Frankie

RS STAFF
The acro in my sig is a deep water acro I think. It's a wild colony i found up near Myrtle Beach. Here's a closer look:
000_2055_editedSmall.jpg

I think this rescue is also.
000_2326_editedSmall.jpg

If anyone has a positive id let me know. I have yet made the time to find out.

trippkid

I'll post some of mine when they grow up a little bit(frags).

DaddyJax that thing is SWEEEET, I have a buddy that has one similar, I will be getting a frag from him sometime soon.
Matt

Frankie

RS STAFF
The acro in my sig is a deep water acro I think. It's a wild colony i found up near Myrtle Beach. Here's a closer look:
000_2055_editedSmall.jpg

I think this rescue is also.

If anyone has a positive id let me know. I have yet made the time to find out.
Wow! Since I posted that picture I have started Zeovit and this is the same coral now
027-2.jpg

trippkid

Very nice Frankie, it doesn't even look like the same coral. I really like it when that happens. Finding a diamond in the rough and bringing it around kind of makes you feel good, doesn't it?
Matt