Dear God PLEASE HELP!!!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Find someone who can reset your computer to just before the last time it worked properly. Then try to figure what programs you added or any new sites you may have been on since that could have messed your system up. Good luck.

Does anyone have contact information for him? I can call him and tell him how to restore to a previous date but I don't have any contact information. PM me if you have it and I'll call him to help.

Frankie

RS STAFF
His concern makes it sound like he can use FF to browse other sites. Weird.
That is weird. How could he use my old name FF to browse? I knew he was in my head and I wasn't typing to myself! Were coming Sas-quatch!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Just incase you didn't get your PM:
Travis said:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

First thing to try: In Firefox, shift+ctrl+r does a force-refresh.

If that doesn't work, tools dropdown--> options --> privacy tab, then view cookies. That should open a new window with all your cookies and the option to remove them all. Remove them, close firefox, reopen it and try again.

Are you getting different errors with firefox and IE?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think (stress the word THINK) he's tried that. It really sounds more like he has a "nasty" in there but the irony is that FF is much more robust against such things. That's what I install on a system when it's "compromised" due to virus or spyware in order to get web access again. But then again nothing is perfect so it's possible something has broken FF. One way or anther we'll get around it.

:)

ReefLady

Staff member
I too believe it's a computer issue since it's happening in 2 diff. browsers, and seems to be working for everyone else.

I will check his IP to make sure we didn't ban it by accident. :)

ReefLady

Staff member
IP is not banned.

I also ran this maintenance script:

Fix broken user profiles Finds any users who do not have complete entries in the database. Sometimes the data is not inserted correctly and the user's profile becomes unusable. Running this should correct any incomplete profiles.

boozeman

:hallo:
I found this thread and just got off the phone with Steve... he is suffering such severe withdrawl that Teresa may have to shoot a few tranquilizer darts at his butt before the day is over :D

Travis: He says that after installing a firefox update, he hasnt been able to get into RS at all. He has no problem getting into any other reef forum...only RS :smack:
even if he googles RS and clicks the page doesnt show up :bouncebox

Jason25

If he is using XP he can go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. He can then pick a date before he installed the FF update and set his computer back to that day. That should fix his issue.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:hallo:
I found this thread and just got off the phone with Steve... he is suffering such severe withdrawl that Teresa may have to shoot a few tranquilizer darts at his butt before the day is over :D

What is his tele #??? Spam Steve with calls! :alien:

Witfull

um,,,wait,,,if you all dial like Craig,,,my phone will be ringing~

(sorry, inside joke, but had to say it~)

Witfull

and im not sending a link,,,lol!

it was a funny story, craig was trying to call jack,,,,area code 409-###-####

my number is 609-###-####,,,well, he saw #09 in his cell and pressed send. 20 minutes later we end the call...it was an Oops, but we needed to talk anyway so lets talk shop type of thing~

Craig Manoukian

my number is 609-###-####,,,well, he saw #09 in his cell and pressed send. 20 minutes later we end the call...it was an Oops, but we needed to talk anyway so lets talk shop type of thing~

A real Admin/Mod bonding moment...in a manly kind of way of course!:smirk:

vdituri

AHHHHH!
As I was reading this my Firefox prompted me to update.
I been having problems with IE this morning when I tried to browse for a new gif avatar on my harddrive. It just keeps locking up.

So I switched to Firefox. Updated now and it took me right back here.
I'll try logging out and signing back in to help with the scientific method. :)

vdituri

Sorry Steve, no problems with my Firefox.
Just to complicate things, I'm having problems with IE. lol
Happy *!(% Monday!