David's RSM 130D

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Shaw

The very thought of moving the 130D and then assembling and setting up the S-400, adding so much water from endless cans etc is not a nice thought though. Nightmare. I will see if i have the stamina further down the line when i have checked them out.

imaccat

David,

Have you thought about an RO/DI unit to go with the S-400? Even for water changes its going to be difficult to lug 100lts from the LFS. Even if you only set up in your bathroom or kitchen when you need water, I'm sure you will find it easier and cheaper.

David Shaw

Well i know these are LONG overdue. I took these today.

Iain, nope i won't get an RO unit as i don't have the time or space to make my own water. Prefer the LFS as it's quicker and easier, albeit more expensive in the long run.

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Superb pics of a beautiful tank David. No wonder you want to upgrade, your's is getting so full. By the way, stop photoshopping your sand, it is too dammed white LOL.

David Shaw

:) Leigh, i wouldn't even know how to begin photoshopping, it's all natural.

Getting the bigger tank now seems like a natural progression. I can't really put any more corals in mine as it is now pretty full. I really want to take things to the next level now and go for the 400 litre version of the S Series. Time to spread out a bit and expand.

The whole idea of setting up another tank (getting all that inital new water, live rock, sand etc) is really daunting, let alone the hassle of moving the 130D. Setting up a new tank when my DIY skills are zero is also a worry!

But i feel i am outgrowing the 130D so time to move up to a bigger tank with more cleaning :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
The whole idea of setting up another tank (getting all that inital new water, live rock, sand etc) is really daunting, let alone the hassle of moving the 130D. Setting up a new tank when my DIY skills are zero is also a worry!

I remember these exact worries, but was really pleasantly happy how it all went, when I got mt RSM 250. You can do it, will go better than you think, was my experience.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
David - keep in mind that the 400 won't be anywhere as easy to set up as a 130 or 250. You have a cabinet sump, return pump, piping, sump skimmer, etc. to deal with and maintain. It's more like a custom setup for which they supply all the pieces.

David Shaw

David - keep in mind that the 400 won't be anywhere as easy to set up as a 130 or 250. You have a cabinet sump, return pump, piping, sump skimmer, etc. to deal with and maintain. It's more like a custom setup for which they supply all the pieces.

Well hopefully i can figure out what pipe goes where from the instructions. Hopefully as RSM's are plug and play, they make it an easier assembly than a custom one as everything is supplied and everything has it's place. I am fine with maintenance side once it is up and running.

Do you think this is an upgrade i should stay away from Terry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.