David's RSM 130D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowellsy SNR

Re: My RSM 130D

Thanks Anthony. I know it isn't as heavily stocked as a lot of peoples, but i did my best.

Oasis is a great store, i go there once a week for the RO Water and an bit's and occasionally the odd bit of new coral ! It was their display of the RDS 130D on the upstairs that finally sold it to me! I would have gone for the 250 if i had a bigger lounge but am very happy with my 130D.

Been told the Steve T Media Rack and skimmer lid are on their way! That should be me sorted then hopefully.. This is an expensive hobby !
Yeh its a stunning display tank they have upstairs i allways have a look when im there, yep it is'nt a cheap hobby the Mrs keeps reminding me lol

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Good work mate :) Nice pic & very pretty tank !

Keep posting pics as your tank progresses & let us know how the 9002 skimmer continues to work out & the media rack too.

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick

Nice tank David, I didn't expect you to be so far on... Very good. I suppose you supplement the Tang, since there is no algae in your tank.

David Shaw

Yes i supplement the tang. I have had him 5 years now. I will gradually be adding more coral bit by bit. Everything has been coming along well, coral and fish seem to be happy. Hopefully the ones i have will grow and spread out.

The Tunze 9002 has now started to break in, and i am really happy with it, it is so quiet. I highly recommend it to others as a stock replacement skimmer if you want a really quiet alternative. Also, i have noticed the temp doesn't rise as much with the new skimmer in place.

I have noticed a few people on here have gone for the euro reef skimmers, but i avoided those as you seem to have to remove or modify the back flap as it pokes out due to its size. I didn't want to spoil the look of the tank so am delighted with the Tunze 9002, espacially as it plugs into the old skimmer socket so the on/off switch can still be used, keep everything clutter and wire free.

Looking forwards to the media rack and replacement square skimmer cup arriving and then i am all complete (for now i guess).

I found a tiny turbo snail in the tank (i assume it arrived unnoticed with the live rock) its only about 2 millimeters long whizzing around the glass!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Sounds good. Yes - the Tunze is very silent compared to the big RSM skimmer.

David Shaw

Updated pics. I did a wee bit more aquascaping to make the tank more interesting looking. Pics taken on a phone camera (ie bad) but if gives the general idea although they lack the depth and scale of a decent camera pic. Looks better in real life, honest :)

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

I was thinking I saw these pics earlier, then realized you must have taken my recommendation to keep your pics & tank history in one place. You'll appreciate (I hope) having it all in one place as time goes on. As I said earlier - everything looks fantastic - nice job David! :)

David Shaw

Thanks!

Yeah i promise to keep my updates to the same link now :)

I will post more pics if i get around to adding any more coral. It is so nice to see the corals that i have starting to grow and spread. I guess 4 months in the life of a new reef tank in tiny. :turntable

David Shaw

Stock heater just quit so i replaced it. It lasted 4 months before quitting. RSM have an appalling lack of customer service. I emailed them 3 times and received nothing back so in the end I went out and bought a new one (not a replacement RSM model).

Wouldn't you think they would email back and offer to send a new one as i have only had the tank for 4 months? Or am i being overly optimistic in their after sales customer care.
:willis:

Dweezil

You are right to expect better customer service after shelling out that kind of money. It is still under warranty so I would not let the issue drop. Customer service has been questionable at best lately. I really think something must be going on there that we don't know about yet.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Here in the states... Pinky would send you out a new one Monday, someone in the UK, should do the same. Along with any thing that breaks with in the one year warranty.

David Shaw

I have added a couple of corals and done a little aquascaping, so thought i would add a few pics.

Crap camera i am afraid! So apologies for the quality.

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

The tank and corals look fantastic David. You've done a great job on the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.