Dave's RSM 500 Adventure

ChrisY

It still cracks me up that they are called Sun Corals when they are one of the non-photosynthetic types. :)

Heli Dave

It still cracks me up that they are called Sun Corals when they are one of the non-photosynthetic types. :)
Yes it was funny last night as the 'sun' coral came out after moon light's came on! We ended up putting the main lights back on to take a photo.

ChrisY

I saw a video that a local guy did where he trained his sun corals to be open during the day vs night by feeding it at certain times. At least thats what he claims anyway.

Chris

Heli Dave

Will be happy at the moment to get it feeding regularly, really enjoying the hammer coral, the colour looks amazing under the moonlights. Extremely impressed with the 500 lighting system.

Heli Dave

Watchman Goby on patrol!
eebfa9d9.jpg

Heli Dave

Spent this morning removing all the live rock and re aquascaping to create more shelves for coral placement ... Here's the outcome!
cc80af36.jpg

David Shaw

Trust you to see that! Cleaned all the other glass inside and out plus sump cupboard this morning!

Excellent, that's all good, but you still missed doing the back wall :)

I did mine yesterday and i have ordered a light for the sump cupboards that works on infra red so comes on when you open it. Need the extra light for when i clean :)

Heli Dave

Excellent, that's all good, but you still missed doing the back wall :)

I did mine yesterday and i have ordered a light for the sump cupboards that works on infra red so comes on when you open it. Need the extra light for when i clean :)
Point taken, just been and cleaned the back wall!