Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Danreef

Thank you !!!!

I woke up today and before starting my Sunday with a lot of stuff in my "to do agenda" I wanted to compile some few pictures for all and myself with the tank evolution since April 2014 till today, almost end of September 2014.

The start

First corals additions from my 12G tank.

Finish relocating all the corals from the 12G

Now the development on the new tank.......

This week

Tank: RSM 250
Set-up: All standard. Refugium on Media Basket and chiller JBJ.
Lights: RSM T5 (the new T5 for the RSM C 250) + 1 36" Ecoxotic Purple and Blue LED + 1 TrueLumen Pro 36" Actinic LED + 1 24" TrueLumen Pro Actinic LED
Water: 100 % Petco Natural Sea Water
Water changes: Tank had a final water volume of 50G. I change ~7-8 G each weekend

Dosing: Ca and Alk (Kent Marine) and AcroPower (aminoacids)
From Yesterday at 10PM before dosing pumps start a new cycle.
Ca: 410
Alk: 9 dkh
Salinity: 1025

pH: 7.9 - 8.18 (night - day).

All other parameters will be provided later when I will do a full tank test.
Cheers
Daniel

Danreef

:crowd: Congratulations! Your tank is October's Tank of the Month!! :crowd:

This is a real surprise. I have to thank all the support I got from the very first day from Reef Sancturay members. There is still a lot to do and I hope the tank continues maturing as it has been. Many of us, when started on this hobby, think that the difficult part is to setup the tank. Well, the True is that setting up the tank is not easy, but is easier than getting it run in the long term. Let continue the hard work with the pleasure of being it a hobby. I am dying to see all those SPS growing in the following months.

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!! And Thank You Oxy for the nomination. That was a surprise too !!!!

Cheers all !!!
DAniel

Danreef

Looks like this pink bird nest branch grew curved to avoid touching the silver bird nest. But not other branches (see pictures)

The recovery is ongoing....hurray

Start treatment.

Week 4

Last edited:

Pat24601

Nice to see things going well. The birds nest growing curved is cool. I didn't know they did that.

Danreef

Unfortunately, my treatment on this coral (post 130... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...els-tank-upgrade-rsm-250-a-9.html#post1273419...)for STN has failed.

I was last week out of home in a meeting and at my return on Friday I found this:

When I left, 7 days ago, was like this:

The coral started again with STN. Now I changed to plan B. Did 2 dippings (Friday night and Sunday evening) on this disinfectant. If it is bacteria or ??? I have read this work too.

I used this:

Will follow in a week. If I do not see any recovery it will be totally fraged again, but now in small pieces.

Cheers
Daniel

newo11

Following along and wishing you success on beating the STN on that bonsai. It's a beautiful piece!

Any thoughts on what causes the STN to re-occur? And also - has the dipping been successful?

Danreef

Following along and wishing you success on beating the STN on that bonsai. It's a beautiful piece!

Any thoughts on what causes the STN to re-occur? And also - has the dipping been successful?

Newo11....thank you for the good waves !!! The coral is stable, not worst after a week, and that is a good signal.......I hope :)

Danreef

OK..... I want to practice videos. I did this one with the phone. Still far away to be a good one.

[video=youtube;x6mknQozv8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6mknQozv8I[/video]

The clear tubing you see in both sides against the back wall are the air tubes from my 2 battery operated air pums in case of electricity power lost.

Lexinverts

OK..... I want to practice videos. I did this one with the phone. Still far away to be a good one.

[video=youtube;x6mknQozv8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6mknQozv8I[/video]

The clear tubing you see in both sides against the back wall are the air tubes from my 2 battery operated air pums in case of electricity power lost.

You've got a lot of coral in there, Daniel! Great video!

Do you find that the birdsnests overgrow everything else? I am constantly fragging my birdsnest colonies!

Danreef

You've got a lot of coral in there, Daniel! Great video!

Do you find that the birdsnests overgrow everything else? I am constantly fragging my birdsnest colonies!

Sorry for my delay in answering your question. YES !!!, they are the faster growers in the tank. I will risk to say faster than Palies and zoas.,.. LOL.

I will have to frag soon. But also I intend to leave things to touch a little. Will see.

Daniel