Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Danreef

Tanks looking super Daniel - your corals are all vibrant & healthy - well done !

Thank you Glenn !!!

Sometimes I can not sleep and woke up at night to take a look to the tank. If the polyps are extended....etc. It is my first time with this type of full SPS tank and keeps me really awake and nervous. I hate to see things died.....

I hope with the pictures I posted of the STN corals and the pictures I will post following the evolution of the affected acros, we all learn if what I have done was well done. I read those solutions in other forums.

Pat24601

Sorry to hear about the STN. The tank still looks incredible, though.

I'll follow along to see how the corals do.

Whats the difference between the new Jaebo and the old one?

Lexinverts

It looks awesome, Daniel.

I would like to do the same mod to my skimmer that you did to yours. Where did you find the air valve that fits the oversize skimmer tubing? Thanks!

Danreef

Sorry to hear about the STN. The tank still looks incredible, though.

I'll follow along to see how the corals do.

Whats the difference between the new Jaebo and the old one?

Thanks Pat !!!

Here you have some info.
http://reefbuilders.com/2014/06/01/hands-jebaos-rw-series-propellor-pump-dosing-system/

I gave my WP to my son's tank. I got it because now has an opening like the MP40 giving a 30% more amplitud in the wave (but I do not see difference). Mainly was because....if I need it....I can link more than one pump.......and because that day I wanted to spend money.....LOL..JAJAJA.

Danreef

It looks awesome, Daniel.

I would like to do the same mod to my skimmer that you did to yours. Where did you find the air valve that fits the oversize skimmer tubing? Thanks!

Thank you !!!
My valve came from an air nano skimmer (biocube). But I am pretty sure I saw the same at Petco and/or PetSmart...take a look.

If not you can use an air tube small piece on each side as a link with the wider rubber tube of Red Sea.

Daniel

Here we go :

http://m.petsmart.com/h5/hub?id=fis...USuMpDTzNToU3k48VMnjjaOoYoTRG?var_id=36-20887

Last edited:

Pat24601

Thanks Pat !!!

Here you have some info.
http://reefbuilders.com/2014/06/01/hands-jebaos-rw-series-propellor-pump-dosing-system/

I gave my WP to my son's tank. I got it because now has an opening like the MP40 giving a 30% more amplitud in the wave (but I do not see difference). Mainly was because....if I need it....I can link more than one pump.......and because that day I wanted to spend money.....LOL..JAJAJA.

Oh. I'm about to buy a dosing system of some kind, so this might be perfect timing. I'm going to look more closely, but looks to fit my needs very well!

I think I'll just start doing whatever you do. :)

Did you say which model you bought?

On a similar note, Petco water seems to be working great. :)

Danreef

You are funny Pat.

I bough this model : RW 8

I am happy the NSW from Petco is working.

Daniel

Ps...I realize now you are talking about the doser....LOL

I read the reviews and they are good. It is cheap and has 4 pumps. I will buy it if I need one.

I have the Bulk Reef Supply peristaltic pumps (1.5 ml/minute) connected to my Reef Keeper Lite controller. A year ago any good doser was always over $200 -300. Having already the controller a good option was the BRS pumps. They have good reputation too.

Pat24601

I was talking about both, thanks!

I was definitely talking about the propeller too.

Reef keep lite is one thing I'm looking into too. I don't have a controller right now.

Danreef

I was talking about both, thanks!

I was definitely talking about the propeller too.

Reef keep lite is one thing I'm looking into too. I don't have a controller right now.

I have 5 RKL controllers, one on each house tank (3 freshwater and the 2 marine ones). They are excellent and they can do a lot of things.

I am going to order the ReefKeeper Elite tomorrow for my SPS tank. Mainly, to have my actual RKL as a backup and second because yesterday was my birthday and.....I got the OK of the boss (my wife) to order one.

Danreef

Update

First the good news !!

Acro is recovering

Picture 9/13 (a week ago)

Today (9/19) see tissue growth on the base around the glued branches. I will keep my fingers crossed.

My Birthday present have arrived: Reef Keeper Elite plus controller. I will keep the Reef Keeper Lite I have now as backup

Now the BAD News !!

The Acro blue frag I was growing during almost a year do not survived the Ca/Alk swing I had.

Daniel

Last edited:

Danreef

Thank you Diane for the tank comments. I do not know anything about a nomination. Neither I was expecting it.

Thanks again,
Daniel

Danreef

I just found it. Thank you Oxy for nominating my tank. I still think there is a lot of work to do. But OK.....THANK YOU ALL !!! .

Daniel

Danreef

UPDATE....9/27/2014

The recovery continues.......tell me if this isn't a gift of nature !!!!

See sequential pictures

9/13

9/19

9/27