Daniel's 3g. Pico Thread

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I had to be so careful. I know as well as all of you the effects of a piece of sand stuck in an algae pad or magnet. The key is go slow. Im going to dread, if ever, when this tank gets coralline. It probably will not.

restes

Great tank. I 'm about to order a Picotope (only because it's glass) for my office.

Will be checking back often.

Stacef

Looking great Daniel!! I see my little guys family in there! (The mini red zoas) Tagging along watching your progress.

tippMANn98

UPDATE:Daniel's 3g. Pico Thread

Here we are, I think about a month or so into this little tank thread. I decided i was not liking the aquascape at all!!!!! So I grabbed the :chainsaw: and :whip: that rock until my anger was out, no really though, I made 4 nice pieces of LR out of it. YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE the coralline growth in this little thing! WOW. I noticed the light had a lot of spillage: :idea: , TIN FOIL. I made a really really simple reflector out of heavy duty tin foil. WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!! I was like :whstlr: when I saw the difference, it really saves a lot of light, and I angled the Ends to keep the light DOWNWARD. :shades:

Pics From Front and Back (viewable from living room and kitchen, and on one short side):
FRONT
picofront7-14-08.jpg

BACK
picoback7-14-08.jpg

QUCIK HOMEMADE REFLECTOR:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
picoreflector.jpg

I added the Trumpet shortly after if fell on the yuma in the 29. it seems to like it in here. There are 2 little shrooms on the side, 1 baby bubble, and one unknown baby, green button frag, those brown and orange zoas from kathy, and some HH clauvaria polyps sprouting up like CRAZY

plecosword

Re: UPDATE:Daniel's 3g. Pico Thread

Here we are, I think about a month or so into this little tank thread. I decided i was not liking the aquascape at all!!!!! So I grabbed the :chainsaw: and :whip: that rock until my anger was out, no really though, I made 4 nice pieces of LR out of it. YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE the coralline growth in this little thing! WOW. I noticed the light had a lot of spillage: :idea: , TIN FOIL. I made a really really simple reflector out of heavy duty tin foil. WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!! I was like :whstlr: when I saw the difference, it really saves a lot of light, and I angled the Ends to keep the light DOWNWARD. :shades:

Pics From Front and Back (viewable from living room and kitchen, and on one short side):
FRONT

BACK

QUCIK HOMEMADE REFLECTOR:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
picoreflector.jpg

I added the Trumpet shortly after if fell on the yuma in the 29. it seems to like it in here. There are 2 little shrooms on the side, 1 baby bubble, and one unknown baby, green button frag, those brown and orange zoas from kathy, and some HH clauvaria polyps sprouting up like CRAZY
lol that always works! I replace mine everytime they get all white with dried salt.

Grasspicker

Gonna Tag along on this one. I may have to break down and get me one of these little guys for my office. I hate being away from my tank during the day. I think ive been bitten with the Salt Water Bug. Why didn's someone warn me. This could get bad because I have a basement with plenty of space for a big job. :)

Grasspicker

Its time for a FTS!!!!

I saw one of these this weekend in the LFS. I didn't buy. I still need to be tempted. So On With The Picture Show SIR.

:)

tippMANn98

Sorry, BUT, Im gonna have to keep you guys in suspense for a bit. I just finished cleaning, and with most things one little job turns into something more. I salvaged some LR that I took out of my chamber 2 in my cube and Put them to good use and re-scaped the Pico...I am even happier with this new scape, as soon as everybody opens and the water clears I will get some pics....SHOULD be tonight.

tippMANn98

OK for all you picture hogs...here they are: A little cloudy and still a little bit pouty!! Better pics tomorrow, for sure!

Pico8-4-08.jpg

The 3 shroom frags:
PicoShrooms8-4-08.jpg