Daniel's 3g. Pico Thread

InLimbo87

Great start! May have to get me one of these for my desk at work (if I can convince the boss that is ;))

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
June 10, 2008:
I took the yuma and the ricordia OUT of the Pico, I did add another baby unknown type of shroom and Kathy's zoas I got from the Round Robin, that I still have.

The little guy is doing good. Started the first algae bloom, its green, so I threw in 1 turbo and 2 ceriths. We'll see how they do, moved the rock around, and will be fixing the aquascape when I decide what I like. Will keep it posted, no pics now, just finished cleaning it, so its UGLY!!

tippMANn98

UPDATE: June 13th, 2008

CUC added, yaaay! I added 2 small ceriths, 2 small scarlets, and 2 small star turbo snails. Also I little tiny baby Peppermint shrimp, its soooooooooooooo tiny.

broke off a frag of these unknown shrooms that I have, and its now in the pico.

Current stock list:
3lbs Tonga Blue Ridge LR
2 Cerith Snails
2 Scarlet Hermits
2 Star Turbos
1 Tiny Peppermint
CORALS:
2 baby baby bubble shrooms
1 baby unknown shroom
1 Red Zoa frag
Growing colony of Blue Snowflakes

tippMANn98

i know I know...I have to clean it first, I need to pick up a acrylic algae pad so I dont scratch the heck out of it!

tippMANn98

Nice tank!

Thanks mario, I needed a challenge, so why not a tiny tank? Its still in the works, still not liking the aquascape that I have, but I plan on making it viewable from 3 sides, all the rock will be piled on the left side, leaving the front back and right side for viewing.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The Rainbow Yuma seems to enjoy the cooler temps of the pico along with the better light penetration. I have opted to go topless on my 29 cube and hang a pendant hqi 150w from a fixed wrought iron plant hanger.
Yuma in the 3g:
RainbowYumainpico.jpg

That's an AMAZING critter buddy! Love this tank :)

tippMANn98

Going against my "presentation rules" meaning, ITS NOT CLEAN SO I SHOULDN'T SHOW IT:nono: . :evileye: here are a few quick pics, its not too too bad, but it bothers the heck out of me when my tanks are not clean, tonight maybe, but tomorrow is tank day for me.....i will be back with some more and better pictures.;)

Just Look at these snowflakes, wow, you know especially if you followed my orignal snowflake colony rise and demise. and then 3 just POP up from nothing, many many moons after the first colony disappear. and now THIS:

bluesnowflakespico6-13-08.jpg

*a good sign, pods in my pico already!!!!

Full Tank shot:
Pico6-13-08.jpg

Top down, im gonna be changing the aquascape still:
TopDownpico6-13-08.jpg

Triggerjay

Man, I love that little tank.. Cant wait to see it fully stocked.... what will that take? like 5 frags?

Jason

tigerarmy90

that is coming along really nicely! how has top off been for you? have you checked out how high the sg is after a day of evap?

tippMANn98

well, in a week, there has been almost 0 evaporation. its strange. I did 1/2 gallon change on it yesterday. I am gonna be picky about what frags go into it. Im still stocking my 29 now that i have new T5s

Thanks for the compliments though, its coming along, slowly, but surely