Daniel's 3g. Pico Thread

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
ITS HERE!!!!! Ya'll Will have to give me a few days to get it set up and going. Im not sure what I am going to put in it yet. Gonna have to search for a really cool piece of LR for it. But YAAAAY its finally here. Mark THIS POST the start of the Pico Thread! ENJOY!!!!!!!!

0527081221.jpg

tippMANn98

I am taking suggestions...REMEMBER: it has that little 80 gph power filter, and 18w PC 14,000k/7400k 50/50....maybe all zoas? maybe ________?????

NanoNewbie

Looks cool. I have a 2.5 gal aquarium i want to set up. Looking for light and filter for it. The ones for that pico would be perfect. Know where I can get one?

kathywithbirds

ooooooooooo.

I gotta post you a pic of Mike's 3g that went 5g. It's got zoos, shrooms, a bit of macroalgae and the xenia keeps having to be trimmed. He calls it his xenia garden.

tippMANn98

ooooooooooo.

I gotta post you a pic of Mike's 3g that went 5g. It's got zoos, shrooms, a bit of macroalgae and the xenia keeps having to be trimmed. He calls it his xenia garden.

Well, get on with it!!! Lets see, stop that teasing, I am here now to bless everybody with pictures NOW!

Looks cool. I have a 2.5 gal aquarium i want to set up. Looking for light and filter for it. The ones for that pico would be perfect. Know where I can get one?

I am pretty sure that they sell these guys seperatley, the filter is the azoo palm filter, and the light I know comes seperatley

tippMANn98

PICTURES!!! ALL RIGHT!!! Mark the day...5-27-08, my pico was born.

pico5-27-08.jpg

I am on the hunt for a piece of LR for it now. No real big plans yet, but I do want a TINY cleaner shrimp for it. so far, thats it as far as PLANS.

tippMANn98

DAY TWO:
I used 2 gallons of my tank water, and 1 gallon of mixed water. 5 full lbs of Live sand went into this little guy. so overtime that will be a good thing.
today salinity was 1.025, fine for now. I added an extra piece of Tonga branch, and my little baby car. bubble shroom. All cleared up now.

pico5-28-08.jpg

baby shroom:
babybubshr5-28-08.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
GREAT tank bro!!!

Our LFS had a sexy shrimp a couple of weeks ago. They had it in a tiny "breeder" cage thing to keep it separate from the rest of the tank. Was too cute!!

tippMANn98

For now I am going to use the lil' tank for my small frags, so right now there is the baby bubble shroom, I added my small frag of Blue Snowflakes, and orange and teal ric (which is ready for sale)

tippMANn98

I found some really really nice LR for $5.99/lb. I got 4 lbs, but only 3 of it fit into the tank. The guy at the LFS said it was Tonga Blue Ridge LR. Its really nice. here is the Mini aquascape so far. added my rainbow yuma w/baby and the orange and teal ric, as well as the blue snowflake frag that is taking off!

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

tippMANn98

The Rainbow Yuma seems to enjoy the cooler temps of the pico along with the better light penetration. I have opted to go topless on my 29 cube and hang a pendant hqi 150w from a fixed wrought iron plant hanger.
Yuma in the 3g:
RainbowYumainpico.jpg