Crabs Are Evil Society

WHATS WRONG WITH THEM??????????!?!?!?!?!?
THE EVIL THINGS ARE FISH KILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND THEY PINCH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
AND THE BIGGER ONES WILL MESS WITH CORALS!!!!!!!!!!
On the plus side, they make an excellent treat for puffers, triggers, eels, rays, lions, and mantis shrimp, etc....

reefsurf

i purchased an emerald green crab to take care of my the new ball algae problem. he ate it all right along with sections of my zoes! the little #(^!_U^&)! is going back to the LFS today!

before..
IMG_0517.jpg

after.
IMG_0585.jpg

BigJay

didn't read all the posts but people with problems with emeralds do/did you ever supplement feed them? I've never kept emeralds before and after my peppermints started eating a carpet I had I am very wary of claws in any size.
My emeralds have only attacked one snail that the skunk cleaner was already attacking. They feed on algae 24/7 but I still spot feed them every other day and they haven't messed with anything in the tank. I really am nervous about clawed creatures. Wondering if the supplemental feeding should keep them sedated.

Witfull

crabs are evil, shrimp are thieves~

i control nutrient input carefully in my tank, so i dont have algae growing so no need for the crusty demons. sometimes i think shrimp are worse cause they steal food from corals to the point of tearing them or pestering them til they regugitate.

to me its more harmful to the tank to have them and to try and feed them.

I agree with 99% of everything posted on this thread,....however have never been able to subscribe to Witty's hate club 100% because of my love affair with this little crab,......it's the "Gaudy Clown Crab"(Platypodiella spectabillis).
It only grows to 3/4".

I have Never seen it do anything harmful to ANY of my tank inhabitants.

So yeah Witty I ate em all but this guy-Dave

Attachments

• IMG_5039.JPG
    IMG_5039.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 66
I know it looks like he's about to rip the operculum right out of that snail and go to work , but it just coincidentally fell right in front of him

Attachments

• IMG_5054.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 114

BigJay

well that is a good looking crab. Gonna have to do some research on that one. Nice pictures.