Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, etc.

Mavjoy

Re: Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions,

dmeyers557- nice set of dendros and the clam looks good.

turbiville

Re: Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions,

I really like this thread, thank you for starting it.

I've never done a profile of my RSM130D, maybe I should, but I'll start here.

It's about 5 months old, I started with some outstanding live rock (A++, IMO) added a CUC and slowly started adding more inverts. I have only ventured into fish in the last few weeks (2 ocillaris and 1 Yellow clown goby, after 5 weeks in QT). Everything is very stable, and so far I've had no losses.

n535251253_1840189_1440.jpg

n535251253_1840190_4499.jpg

n535251253_1951763_5270577.jpg

n535251253_1951764_2194794.jpg

n535251253_1951767_4325283.jpg

n535251253_1951769_3296907.jpg

n535251253_1951765_3596111.jpg

n535251253_1840182_2561.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

turbiville - very nice pics of very nice corals! Clown gobies are a favorite of mine, I have a green one in my 9g tank and they are a funny & fun fish to watch.

turbiville

turbiville - very nice pics of very nice corals! Clown gobies are a favorite of mine, I have a green one in my 9g tank and they are a funny & fun fish to watch.

OT-

My Clown Goby is now hosting with the frogspawn. Is that normal? Does normal have any relevancy when discussing clown gobies?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

I don't think "normal" applies to the clown gobies. Mine used to perch on top of a finger leather, the mag-float, and all kinds of weird places.

Rue

More gorgeous critters! Great shots everyone!

mrfishy

hi folk
put this sun coral in yesterday
can't wait to see it open will post again when i snap it !!

IMG_5566.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

mrfishy - that looks like a beauty - and healthy too!

mrfishy

thanks reefmack
hope it opens up this weekend not sure if you can see from my less than average photo but the two colonies on the same rock are different colours so when it opens it should be amazing !!!!!!!!!!
have a great weekend
cheers
drew

mrfishy

got this shot tonight with the lights out, but desperate to get a tripod for camera

IMG_5612_2.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Beautiful! Do you think that the feeders on the scoli/cynaria are close enough to sting the suns?

mrfishy

hi reefmack
the photo makes it look a lot closer, the scolly is much further forward than the sun
will get those measurements for you later today
cheers
drew

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

mrfishy - no rush at all on the measurements.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

mrfishy - for the 9005 did you also need to get the "Extension Set for Tunze DOC Protein Skimmer 9005"? It seems like it's needed for in sump use?

mrfishy

hi reefmack
yes you will need the extension also unless you water level can go very high but i think your sump is not deep enough also
the extension kit works great and it also helps getting rid of bubbles as the sponge that slides on the tube can sit right at the top so the water and bubbles have to back through it
cheers
drew

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Thanks mrfishy - I'm still thinking on it, and the expense!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Wow just found this fantastic thread (thanks Reefmack for starting it !) - Very beautiful corals !!!
745.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

I thought I'd revive this thread & see what happens. :)

Dweezil

Wow this one started a while ago...nice find. :)