Coco Worm Growing New Crown

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Here is a shot of my Coco worm growing a new crown. It shed its crown about 2 weeks ago.

BEFORE
DSC_0001-2.jpg

AFTER
DSC_0010-4.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Scott glad to see that. Many times they shed it for unknown reasons and just "wither" away. Looks like yours is back on the GOOD side again. Good deal!!

Allen :)

Nervoustime

Glad to hear it!!! Since losing his crown, my Coco Worm's crown is getting bigger and bigger every day. I am curious to see what the final crown is going to look like. I hope that your guys does well for you Scott.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Boomer! I was hoping to be able to edit that first post and add weekly pictures to see the progress of its grow, but editing is apparently out of the question so here is the new series of pictures with dates.

09/18/07
DSC_0001-2.jpg

09/27/07
DSC_0010-4.jpg

10/05/07
DSC_0001_2.jpg

Techno-Vicki

Very nice. I had one that shed twice and the head grew back. I did end up losing the worm after about 6 months. Bad water.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Melanie!:D I'd like to just add them to the other post to keep them all together but I can not edit that post!:lookaroun

djbacon

glad to stumble across this thread...been reading alot about coco worms recently, just picked one up. not excited about the prospect of it shedding its crowns but I have read that it does happen occassionally. possibly growing larger or smaller crowns depending on the availabbility of filter foods in the tank. Target feeding is tricky as the slightest movement makes it retract. Also read that they frequently starve in captivity over 6 months to a year due to lack of adequate food source.

Nervoustime

I have a few Coco worms in my tank. One of them lost his crown after about six months, but he grew a new one. The oldest Coco worm in my tank has been in my tank for over a year now.

Stacef

Aww! Mine dropped his crown about a month ago, He is about a quarter of the size it was... but doing wonderful! After he dropped his crown, it dissappeared quite quickly, and now, have itty bitty feathers everywhere.

From what I have researched they won't get any bigger. My biggest one started about the size of a pin on the glass, and is now about the size of a pencil eraser. Ther are neat...but causing me to not be able to clean the glass around them...they might be gone soon, the glass is getting pretty bad.