Cleaner shrimp

JKT69

Put in a cleaner shrimp on Saturday, dig that dude by the way, anyway he spent all day being low key, yesterday I noticed he molted and when I tried to get the molted stuff out as soon as he saw my hand he went straight for it and jumped on my finger...is that normal? He is fascinated by my hand and whenever I put it in there he comes calling...almost chasing it. Do yours act that way too?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My favorite shrimp by far :dance:

FishOuttaWater
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yes, they will give you a nice cuticle cleaning. Mine liked to steal food from my corals that I fed, too. That part I didn't like.

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yeah I give mine small chunks of shrimp to eat on while I feed corals

"No rain, no rainbow"

modulok

They are a bit annoying when trying to move coral/rocks around. Always so nosey in what I am doing in the tank.

Choff

Love em/hate em. Mostly love though. Just hate it when they go ripping at my mushrooms that are all closed up trying to feed. I can't even distract them long with other food. I basically have to stand guard with a stick shooing them away for 15 min.

Ricardo

Love em/hate em. Mostly love though. Just hate it when they go ripping at my mushrooms that are all closed up trying to feed. I can't even distract them long with other food. I basically have to stand guard with a stick shooing them away for 15 min.

LOL... too funny. I also had that problem with my skunk cleaner and an orange fungia plate coral. Even after the coral had the food in its mouth and closed, the shrimp would still be able to force his little claws thru and pull out shrimp bits. After a month I got tired of holding him off with a wooden spoon so I found a jigger that is a little bigger around than the coral. I place the glass over the coral after I put the food on it and leave it there for a couple of hours to make sure his mouth is sealed tight. The shrimp has not been able to rob the coral since I started using the glass. It's also funny to watch the shrimp try to hack his way thru the glass to steal a treat.