Choff's RSM 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulok

So the sump light fell in, but was not on? I used to have the same type of light for fuge, but decided a month ago to remove it and just run phosban since the RSM sump was a PITA. I definitely noticed some rust on the light clamp, but did use a flood type CFL instead.

What a bummer. I can't imagine going through what you have in the last 24hrs. Good luck getting everything back to normal.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Feeling really bad :( for you also....Hope you have some better news to share REALLY SOON!
Fingers crossed that it's not as bad as it seems right now. Best wishes!!

Mdk16

Wow Mike. That sucks!

Sounds like you are pulling out all the stops. Hopefully you worked out some of the aggression on the other team tonight.

Wishing you the best. I'm sure you will keep us posted. "Never give up"!

Choff

Thanks all I really appreciate the support.

Just wrapped up another 100G WC. Now I just have to wait and see what happens in the morning when the lights come on.

I'm beat. Grabbing a large drink and going to pass out in front of the TV. At least Miami is losing big!

Choff

Well..

Lost approx 25+ SPS, my 15 head Hammer , 20 head Grape, bubble coral, Frogspawn, grape cristata, Torch , Elegance, Tyree toadstool, 4 x gorgonians all gone.

At this point Duncan looks ok, all zoo's , Rics, favia/acans, leps, echinata's, plate and thank god my rainbow brain coral look ok. Fish all ate fine this morning. hrm...forgot look for the urchin..

Off to work.

PS fishroom 2.0 will be delayed a bit. The final conversion is going to chew up an entire weekend and just not quite up for that this weekend after all this. :(

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Mike I really wish I could help in some way. I'm sure once all is back on track many of the guys stateside perhaps could give you a bunch of frags? I'm going pipe up and say at some point soon your going to need to get a qt tank up and running to pop all the remaining stock in. See if you could borrow one may be?

Alan

Nob35

Wow, bad luck Choff hope you can save some. I'm not 100% sure but I believe that some of the cheap light shields may contain copper, if you can find a copper test it may be worth it to see.

Choff

Thanks Greg, phf and Alan appreciate the thought. At this point I need to go slow and start with a few lps to make sure whatever did this is gone.

Nob thanks for the suggestion and I do have a copper test. Came back negative. I did a full panel tonight and everything was ok, calcium was strangely low (390) and Alk was high (3.1) for me. I did change out 250 gallons of water yesterday so I don't know how much to read into that. My main concern is my Orp is still sitting at 340. I was a steady 430 to 450 almost since I started tracking it a couple of months ago. That and the water is not Crystal clear. I wouldn't call it cloudy, but just def not clear if that makes sense.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

Mdk16

Great news on the copper test. That would have made this ordeal a whole lot worse.

Your LFS does not sell RO and salt water? All of the stores in Florida have water stations. Some of them sell sterilized sea water, others premixed salt but they all carry RO.

Just curious as you had to go straight to the water company. Good luck on the rebound.

Nob35

Glad to hear it was not copper, hope all gets back to normal soon. The ORP may take some time to get back to normal, when setting up mine on my apex I read that the probes do not like extreme changes and take time to adjust.

Wolffman64

Mike I really wish I could help in some way. I'm sure once all is back on track many of the guys stateside perhaps could give you a bunch of frags? I'm going pipe up and say at some point soon your going to need to get a qt tank up and running to pop all the remaining stock in. See if you could borrow one may be?

Alan

+1

Choff

Well, flew through carbon & Salt. Thank god I loaded up and bought 4 boxes last time Dr fosters had them on sale. Just about chewed up 2 of them and almost 3/4 a gallon of ROX. Overall the tank is progressing nicely. ORP is up to 380 this morning.

I am thinking about getting my water tested. It's pricey though. Initially I was thinking about a full metal panel, but I have come to senses as that is over 500 bucks. Now I might just do Mercury ($44).

http://www.enclabs.com/fees.html

I bought the ORP probe on a lark, but I am now finding it to be very useful. The number in itself is not what is important, but the trending can be quite useful. If I had an alert set up I could have saved all my corals. Everything I do in my tank impacts the ORP. If I have my hands in the tank for any extended work, the ORP drops. I can tell when my carbon starts to fade as my ORP starts to trend slowly down. New carbon and it starts to climb. I'm a fan.

Choff

Agreed Jerry. I've decided to get the water tested. I have been speaking to the folks at the lab and they suggest doing: Cadmium, Copper, Mercury, Nickel and Lead. It will run me $249. I could drop copper, but it won't save me much due to the package deal. I think it's worth the peace of mind. My recently purchased Tuxedo Urchin bit the dust, found his spineless body this morning. Poor guy, bad timing on him. My tank looks very sad right now. I have maybe 10-12 small coral frags in the tank. The only bit of good news is I have 2 SPS frags hanging on. They browned up a bit and I see a tiny bit of PE. Bryan, they are 2 of the 3 I got from you. Hardy suckers are raising in your tank!

That said, here is the last 7 days ORP readings. I hit 400 this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.