Choff's RSM 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm following. I dig excess n seems like ur obsession rivals the best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Choff

Good eyes Modulok! I actually debated about hiding my mistake. I bought an extra 40 # bag and an extra 15# bag.

Yes Matt, when I decide to do something I am all in. Anything worth doing is worth doing big right?

Oh, my Neptune was delivered today. At least according to UPS it was. It looks like some guy named Miller got a nice present today in Michigan (I'm north of Boston). I have no idea how they shipped it there. Waiting to hear back from the site I purchased it from.

modulok

I am hoping the 60lbs I got is going to be enough for my S500.

How much are you going to use? 150lbs? Is it all dry? I'm dreading rinsing my single 40lb bag of dry.

Choff

After reading this post and taking a closer look at the sand, I may not use the pink sand I bought. The grain size is very small and very very few pink granules like in the pictures. I am after a 1.5 to 2" bed, I bet I end up just using 3 of the 40# special reef. Yes, I started reading the bag about prep. That is not going to be fun. I think I need to figure out a way to turn it into a game to get my twin 8 year old kids to do it. That or I am thinking wheelbarrow and pressure washer

Oh, my Neptune came in today. They sent me the wrong tracking #. Question, the energy bar says to not mount it in a high moisture area. Guess that rules out inside the cabinet where I really want it. Has anyone mounted theirs in the cabinet anyway?

Ricardo

After reading this post and taking a closer look at the sand, I may not use the pink sand I bought. The grain size is very small and very very few pink granules like in the pictures. I am after a 1.5 to 2" bed, I bet I end up just using 3 of the 40# special reef. Yes, I started reading the bag about prep. That is not going to be fun. I think I need to figure out a way to turn it into a game to get my twin 8 year old kids to do it. That or I am thinking wheelbarrow and pressure washer

Oh, my Neptune came in today. They sent me the wrong tracking #. Question, the energy bar says to not mount it in a high moisture area. Guess that rules out inside the cabinet where I really want it. Has anyone mounted theirs in the cabinet anyway?

My Apex Energy bar is mounted in the cabinet but then again I don't have a sump in there. Looking around this forum at other member's pictures of their sump areas you'll see plenty of people have setup power bars in the same place. Power around wet areas even with a GFCI is a risk but it may just be Neptune's way of stating that if you get it wet then "No warranty for you!".

black2012

the easiest way to clean the sand is to dump it into the tank, fill the tank with a few inches of water, stir the sand a bunch, and drain the water. Do this 3x.

Choff

So there I was running a conf call with several clients and vendors this afternoon attempting to resolve a mini-crisis when my cell starts to buzz. I glance down expecting to ignore it when I see the LFS name come up. Spidey sense goes on high alert....tank??. Quickly put clients on hold and grab the cell. Yep! D Day 4/23 5:00PM! They are dropping the pallet in the garage and then agreed to bring the tank into the house. Emailed manager and said I would not be available next Tuesday. Texted wife the good news. Oh, then I resumed call...

Choff

Tank has been delivered (PSU from Tropic Isle)! I took some picts of the delivery (will post later). It was fairly uneventful. They unpacked the shipping crate at the store and loaded it into a van. They brought everything into the house. I have it mostly unpacked and started working on the frame and hit my first "snag". The screws that go into the frame are insanely tight. Too tight. Came online to do a bit of research before I go stripping anything. Anyone have the same thing when assembling the stand? I have my driver torqued all the way up and its pulling out and stripping the head when it gets to the last bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.