Carpet Anemone waiting for Snowcasso

janone

I get it from LFS, it was very healthy in the shop.
But seems Red carpet is tough to keep, i hope that it doing well in my tank

I decided to put that with Snowcasso, perfect match combination

Doni, i cant wait for your Snowcasso again:)

200905021817.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

seatrueblue

Only advice I can give you is to get a bigger aquarium, or find a better home for these anemones. They won't survive in this cramped box you are calling their home. They will become much bigger than your tank can handle. That is if they last more than a few weeks.

Witfull

Only advice I can give you is to get a bigger aquarium, or find a better home for these anemones. They won't survive in this cramped box you are calling their home. They will become much bigger than your tank can handle. That is if they last more than a few weeks.
extreme ditto....you are asking for problems or death!

lcstorc

Hate to be negative but I agree. The red one can't even spread out now and that is ignoring the need for extremely stable water parameters.

Sapphire

Beautiful anemones and I can see why you want them, but as others have said a 20g tank is FAR too small for them, sorry.

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Get bubbletip anemones for a 20 gallon.
To give you an idea of how large carpets get, look at mine. It is in a 120, 4' tank and is taking over :eek:

12-6-08021.jpg

lcstorc

It's about time you posted a recent pic Woodstock.
That thing is getting huge and still gorgeous as ever.

lcstorc

Not carpets.
BTAs not problem and some of the others are fine as well but I wouldn't try a carpet.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
can you not frag anemones? i've seen it done. that solvesyour prob... for the time being

That's ALSO just a band-aide and not really suggested for long term success. Think long term and your tanks will be all the better. Band-aides come off when you MOST need them!! :)

greene394

What have you decided to do?? :ponder2: Are you going to get a bigger aquarium or sell them back to fish store?? Surely you cant keep them in a 20 for long......