Blurp's 450L

Blurp

So, after 12 hours of hard working...everything is set now.
P1000476.jpg

P1000477.jpg

P1000478.jpg

P1000479.jpg

P1000480.jpg

P1000481.jpg

P1000482.jpg

P1000483.jpg

P1000484.jpg

P1000485.jpg

P1000486.jpg

P1000487.jpg

P1000488.jpg

P1000489.jpg

P1000490.jpg

P1000491.jpg

P1000492.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great deal on the free, fully stocked 450L! I'm still waiting to see if the rest of the pictures show up. That is a monster clam - one of the largest I've seen in a tank other than a public aquarium! Is there a sump in the cabinet?

Blurp

A 200L sump with my brand new ATI BM250 skimmer (good machine this one and available here..), but no cabinet yet, just a table, I've asked my father to help me build some door system to reduce noise and marine odour

reefjeff

beautiful tank dani,
that is one large clam ya got there !! is this a squamosa ?
simply mind blowing, thanks for sharing
peace
jeff

Blurp

Merci Jeff ;) it's a derassa tridacna.

Frankie, the angel has spent 4 whole years with the clam and didn't touch it, hope it won't develop a taste for it now, hope it, hope it, hope...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The first pic was one of the last to come through - now I can see the 200L sump, skimmer, etc. Awesome tank!

Blurp

Thanks Tammy, I had the unvaluable help from my LFS, who, for very few euros/bucks, spent the whole sunday (monday was the spanish celebration of October 12 1492, "discovery" of the New World) moving buckets, LS and tanks, really unexpensive and hard work. I also gave the pals some little frags, which otherwise I should have disposed of, and a nice meal.

I might rearrange something in time, because the tank looks overcrowded and some corals are too close to each other...but after resting a while ;)

Dweezil

Great shots Blurp! You'll have to borrow that camera more often. Just tell him your friends here insist. hahaha

Blurp

Been a long, long time since I last updated this thread....

1st, I got a Nikon D90 of my own :D

2nd I had an oodinium plague last october and lost all the fish but the damsels and a priolepis boreus. I waited until March to introduce any other fish in...and there came, gradually: a Leucosternon, a black ocellaris (and its corresponding malu anemone), a Chelmon rostratus, an Acreichtys tormentosus, a valenciennea strigatta and a labroides dimidiatus.

3rd, I decided that the tangs in my RSM250 had grown too much for the tank, and moved: my sailfin tang, the regal tang, another tormentosus.

4th I aknowledged that 2 tanks this size were too much work with our baby coming close, and moved: the 2 ocellaris and their stichodactyla haddoni, all corals.

5th Emma came out on April 8th ;)

6th finally dismantled my RSM, except aragonite sand and water. Sold most LR (around 20kg) and kept the oldest rock from my nano (now sooo far)

7th with the movement, I lost some of my oldest SPS...sniff I had little time left for the aquariums and parameters got crazy....sniff, sniff. My greatest losses, green acro, green turbinaria reniformis, a couple of birds nests (seriatopora caliendrum silver)...

8th my lighting needed a change and I made up my mind to move to LEDs. Excellent decision up to now. (keep reading and see the pics)

9th I am trying to deal with high nitrates and cyano on the rocks. I went for a DIY RDSB with the aragonite from my RSM and added also a fluidized bed filter.

So here I am again, our baby, Emma, is gorgeous, she's (right today) 2 months old. My tank now is a bit in need of care, but improving. The new filters have been working for too little a time to notice any changes. My RSM is a bit sad sniff, only some molluscs are left, a rubble of sand...but pumps are still working, so water will not corrupt....

In the big tank, fish are happier than ever, LPS have also thanked the new LED fixture and started again with SPS, got a bargain for a pink damicornis pocillopora and some montipora plates. I exchanged some of the damsels for green-orange zoas and green ricordea floridas.

And here are the last pics, both showing the fish stock, and the new lighting fixture of which I am so satisfied :D:D:D

P1000972.jpg

P1000973-1.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

CSC_0191.jpg

The sump...
P1000996.jpg

P1000997.jpg

The LED fixture at night...
P1000978.jpg

That's all folks ;) (for now...)

I'm thinking of adding an ATS, but still considering the benefits vs the problems. Also, I will soon move a considerable amonut of LR to the sump, and see if I can get a tank a bit more like yours ;) more minimalistic ;D;D;D
I'll soon frag my zoas and try to build up a prairy of coloured flowers, and also the favites and try to expand more colonies of such a hardy and beautiful coral. In addition, I'm fragging already the heliopora coerulea, which grows exceptionally fast in a mountain-like shape which I like very much...well there's no more ink in my keyboard now. :D:D:D

Cheers