BlakeJohns Retirement Reduction

BLAKEJOHN

Heres the begining of my 300gl build........

300gl Clear for Life tank
3-112w EcoRay led fixtures
Closed loop ran by a Dolphin 4700 (4080gph)
Two Vortech MP40WES (3200GPH each)
55gl Sump
40gl Fuge
Reef Octopus DDNW-250 skimmer
PanWorld 250PS return Pump (1900gph)
Korallin 3002 CA reactor w/5lb bottle
AquaController Jr
Won Bros 500w Titanium heater
2-TLF 150 reactors for carbon
1-TLF 550 reactor for RowaPhos
6600watt Gas generator
235lbs rock
?? lbs of sand

_MG_0097.jpg

_MG_0098.jpg

bought three of these 112 led lights

IMAG0291.jpg

Building the stand

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg

stand3.jpg

stand4.jpg

stand5.jpg

Child in tank

IMAG0300.jpg

CL intake

IMAG0299-1.jpg

Stand almost completed

withwhitecornermolding.jpg

CL Spray bar

CLplumbingintank.jpg

CL plumbing

CLplumbing.jpg

CL pump hooked up and running

CLpump.jpg

Tank in place with enough water to operate closed loop. Rock also in tank but not yet scaped

Tankinplacewwater.jpg

All plumbing under tank completed.

IMAG0306.jpg

Plumbing from under tank coming through wall into garage were a fish room will be built.

IMAG0308.jpg

Sump, fuge, skimmer, CA reactor, three TLF reactors (2-150's 1-550) all plumbed in. Brand new Return pump (Panworld 250PS) burned up in less than 2 mins after plugging in. Will be making a few calls first thing in the morning.

sumpfugeskimmercareactorplumbed.jpg

backplumbing.jpg

Now I will be waiting for the return pump and need to get a couple fittings for the skimmer outflow.

ChrisOaty

Awesome start! I'm planning out my first tank with a closed loop system also. Not to be overly critical, but how long has that stand been holding that 55 sump? Just doesn't look that sturdy to me with the legs tacked on from the side... Built this way, the one corner i see has 1/4 of the weight being held solely by 4 screws since no support is directly under the tank. Just something to keep in mind. Otherwise, I cant wait to see this monster up and running.

mbdave

:doh: 2 minutes!!! Lucky it was'nt cooling the nuclear reactor!!!! :cry1:

Great build Blake John.

BLAKEJOHN

Awesome start! I'm planning out my first tank with a closed loop system also. Not to be overly critical, but how long has that stand been holding that 55 sump? Just doesn't look that sturdy to me with the legs tacked on from the side... Built this way, the one corner i see has 1/4 of the weight being held solely by 4 screws since no support is directly under the tank. Just something to keep in mind. Otherwise, I cant wait to see this monster up and running.

The plan was to put the legs inside but somewhere I f'ed up so I had to put them outside. I have faith in the 3" screws to hold it for awhile. Ive seen tank stands stapled together and shouldnt be standing, but yet they do.

But definatley noted and will probly go back and bolt them just to be safe