Biocube 14!

tangerine3486

Thanks tnwillia!!

He is so much fun to watch!!!! He is also kicking up a lot of sand but oh well. the sand is finally getting mixed up all the time and is white. I am happy! His name is Long John Silver.

Yellow clown goby (working on name) I have not seen him eat yet...but he looks fine. i dont know how he eats.

tangerine3486

Bernoulli and Long John Silver are doing well. Yellow Clown goby has been missing for several days :(

I am enjoying the cyano free sand! Corals are also doing great, although I should probably be doing spot feeding more often on the acans. Montis are doing well.

tangerine3486

My last post was the one year anniversary for the tank! woo hoo! sure has come a long way. Hoping to get another clown this week, as clown goby is no longer here. :( but long john is doing great. he is swimming around quite a bit-i think he is hungry. im trying to feed more. i think everyone is happy!

Rhodes19

My last post was the one year anniversary for the tank! woo hoo! sure has come a long way. Hoping to get another clown this week, as clown goby is no longer here. :( but long john is doing great. he is swimming around quite a bit-i think he is hungry. im trying to feed more. i think everyone is happy!

Congratulations on the one year mark. Your tank is really awsome. Sorry about the clown goby.

tangerine3486

Thanks man!

Been a while, but tank is doing well. Diamond Goby is hard at work all the time. No new additions, but I'm keeping my eye out for special things. A few pics.

Ricordea getting big!!
IMG_4915.JPG

I'm hungry!! I have learned I either need to have the lights brighter, or I need to feed regularly for the best colors!
IMG_4935.JPG

sold as Monti Cap? I dont think so!? :p Encrusting the plug!
IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4833.JPG

top down
IMG_4840.JPG

the monti cap is that pink! I like it.
IMG_4842.JPG

tangerine3486

Thanks everyone! its been quite a fun time! i didnt know that the monti cap would encrust, but it would make some sense.

everything is going well, especially since the chaeto, and even better with the diamond goby.

tangerine3486

Few more pics:
FTS after cleaning it up a little. 1 year 1 month. it is bluer usually.
IMG_5045.JPG

Finally mounted dimmers!
IMG_5043.JPG

They are buddies!!!
IMG_5027.JPG

tangerine3486

tangerine3486

Thanks!

Combined the ricordeas, and moved some things around. but here is a pic of the ric garden ! :)

IMG_5396.JPG

they seem close so i am going to try to move them tomorrow. they are so hard to move!

tangerine3486

OK...for about a week some corals are not doing so hot. Ricordeas and zoas seem to be doing fine. torch and acans are doing OK, not great but OK. but the montis are not doing good at all. they lost their color, which i suspected bleaching, but it did not make sense since the lights were not even that bright and i have had them brighter before. I am not sure if i see any polyps either but I will confirm later.

Will check parameters and do a water change soon. fish and shrimp are doing good so that is good.

Rhodes19

Love the ric garden. I almost got some things form Pacific East but didn't have the $$$ at the moment. :( They have some nice stuff. :)

greneis7

=( I had lost one of mine (Boober stole it) and when I pulled it out from his little cave it colored up and is doing just fine. Don't throw them out, maybe they'll come around.

tangerine3486

Not sure about the monti caps. the other two are separate occasions (buried in sand, limpet eating polyps?) I gave the monti caps a little bit but then they died? did not come back.

another issue: my acans (lord and echinata) are receding. for a few weeks. has anyone had trouble with their shrimps bothering their acans while the scrounge for food??? thanks for the help i need it.