Biocube 14!

tangerine3486

So would it be crazy to stock my tank with a total of 2 clown fish, a diamond goby, and a coral goby??? I know that would be pushing the limit but I do not know if that does cross it.
thanks

greneis7

I am by no means an expert, but for a 14g that is way too many fish! I have a 29g and I have had three healthy fish... I just added a tiny clingfish - knowing I will have my 110g set up in a few months. I was worried I was pushing the limit and I have an extra 15g to work with. I would reconsider my wishlist if I were you. =(

tangerine3486

I am by no means an expert, but for a 14g that is way too many fish! I have a 29g and I have had three healthy fish... I just added a tiny clingfish - knowing I will have my 110g set up in a few months. I was worried I was pushing the limit and I have an extra 15g to work with. I would reconsider my wishlist if I were you. =(

thought so. Idk who to cut out then.

tangerine3486

I love those corals!!

Thanks!

So today I got in some Chaeto!! Thanks Fishhead! I dont know much about it, but this stuff looks great. As of right now its plopped right on the sandy area of my tank. eventually I will move it to the back left corner where its a bit of empty space. When/if I acquire underwater grow lights, I can put it in one of the chambers. I also got another new monti cap!!!! it is lemon-lime yellow-green.

Here are some more pics.

IMG_1387.JPG

montis and birdsnest! I do not know why zoas are closed. Everybody likes top rock.

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

Top down! sand does not look bad cause i had just stirred it up there to cover it up.

Now with chaeto! yay!

IMG_1400.JPG

Yeah this probably is not the usual way of doing it. in the meantime it will block the light getting to the cyano in addition to eating up nutrients.

tangerine3486

here is a top down after the zoas opened. they seemed to respond to me changing the filter floss?? I will have to do more tests.

IMG_1405.JPG

lemon lime monti seems to have a small portion of polyps that is no longer there, on a side that had just grown since being fragged. then again, he has been through a few blackouts, so I cannot expect much. I hope I never have to do another one again.

I accedently got a little bit of pure salt on the red/orange monti. How bad is this? I tried to get it off.

Overall, I am very happy with my tank. I am finally working again and having money has re-invigorated me to do this well. The tank has cost more than I initially expected but I it is worth it.

After I get the cyano under control and the sand white, there is not much on my to do list.

-I really want to finish the slope on the left side and have rocks up to the glass. I happy with it now, but it would feel more complete that way. More places to put coral?
-find more permanent places for the coral i have now.
-finish stocking with fish (trying to pick 2 of 3: coral goby, diamond goby, black clown)

10 month anniversary of my tank tomorrow!

Rhodes19

Again, those are some amazing corals and pictures. As for the rockscape, I am seriously going to have to change mine. I'm finding me enjoying your BC14 more than mine!!! LOL

tangerine3486

Again, those are some amazing corals and pictures. As for the rockscape, I am seriously going to have to change mine. I'm finding me enjoying your BC14 more than mine!!! LOL

haha! Hey I still have not seen your BC14! only your overflow lol.

now that I think about it and look at the top downs, I could just slide everything over to the left and then I would be done...but now I am planning on using that space for the chaeto!! what a dilemma. Then again, if its working, i shouldnt try to fix it.

Rhodes19

haha! Hey I still have not seen your BC14! only your overflow lol.

LOL, yeah, I know. I think my overflow is the best part at the moment. I'm not very happy with how its looking and I want to change the rockscape and corals. I just fragged some bland looking zoas, kenya trees, and anthellia. I'll take them to the lfs for store credit. My prize gsp has been grayish brown for quite a few months and even though I replaced the lights about 2 months ago, the color has not return so I just might pull it. The other softies I think I'll take home and put into my 180 until I can get the 40g tank up and going for softy fragigng. I'll rerockscape and start collecting some lps's for it like acans. I have the stock PC lights in there so I can't do to much. I'll see if I can change it up this month. I may need to get a skimmer for it too.

tangerine3486

LOL, yeah, I know. I think my overflow is the best part at the moment. I'm not very happy with how its looking and I want to change the rockscape and corals. I just fragged some bland looking zoas, kenya trees, and anthellia. I'll take them to the lfs for store credit. My prize gsp has been grayish brown for quite a few months and even though I replaced the lights about 2 months ago, the color has not return so I just might pull it. The other softies I think I'll take home and put into my 180 until I can get the 40g tank up and going for softy fragigng. I'll rerockscape and start collecting some lps's for it like acans. I have the stock PC lights in there so I can't do to much. I'll see if I can change it up this month. I may need to get a skimmer for it too.

Ah ok. That stinks about the GSP color fade. I will keep an eye out for pics and updates!!

My lime monti seems to be receding on the sides, where it is clear there was a base there. color seems good all over, so I dont think it is too intense lighting, but I dont know. I dont know what I'm doing wrong.

The green monti got knocked over face down on the acan echinata, and the acan started to eat him. SO LAME!

IDK whats up with the birdsnest. Maybe SPS are not meant for me :(

tangerine3486

So here are some update pics, especially the montis to show exactly whats up with them.

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

They are not on the top shelf anymore but they should still be getting plenty of light. maybe i will move them back.
LPS and zoas are doing just fine:
IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

any ideas?

tangerine3486

just got back from Germany, and I am leaving for Texas on friday. The lime green Monti made full recovery and the other Monti caps are growing great. Cyano is pretty much under control but i have a lot of cheato. I changed the chemipure and purigen yesterday. Bernoulli is doing well. Birds nest is having problems, but we will see. Yesterday was the 11 month mark for the tank. I hope to make some nice additions soon of fish and maybe a few coral, but I dont know what I want. A clam would also be neat!

tangerine3486

Back from Texas, start school next week. Cleaned up tank. moved Chaeto to near back wall and whatnot. Both green monti's are doing fine but not great. Red/pink monti cap is doing awesome.

Got 2 new fish on Wednesday! !! Diamond goby and yellow clown goby!

IMG_4526.JPG

Both came out of hiding within an hour, and diamond goby has been sifting sand like its his job within an hour of getting them.

2 weeks till the one year mark!