BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

lcstorc

What makes you think you can report on the color of new lights without posting pics?
You know better than that.
Before and after please.

mps9506

Al is from NC... we take things SLOW here in the south... including posting pictures... Expect pictures from today around June 31st ;)

framerguy

Great, now I have a great excuse when it takes me forever to post pics...I'm from the south and can't help it! Thanks! Let's see,...June 31..<jotting date on calender>..got it

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Howdy GANG!!

I still can't get an acceptable pic of the new AquaMaxx bulbs. My camera HATES them LOL!!

I was walking through the house tonight and opened the cabinet where the sump/fuge are and notices "wetness" on the bottom. I looked and there's standing water in there. After further inspection the bulkhead going from the Fuge down into the Sump has a leak. I turned off the flow into the fuge and drained enough water to be able to remove the bulkhead. I was shocked at the amount of salt creep on the gasket. I cleaned everything and put it all back together and dry as a gord... or at least it has been for 2 hours now.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Mine hates the 14k too. It helps if I take a picture at an angle to the tank for some reason. Might want to give that a shot

But I do love the bulbs

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mine hates the 14k too. It helps if I take a picture at an angle to the tank for some reason. Might want to give that a shot

But I do love the bulbs

Thanks buddy! I may give that a try this weekend. Funny how that particular color temp really messes with the sensors on the camera.

I'll try some different angle and stuff to see what I can come up with.

As of this morning (crossing fingers) all was still dry. Funny how that bulkhead didn't even HINT at leaking for 17 months! Oh well... could have been a LOT worse!!!

:D

mps9506

Al,
does your camera have a manual white balance setting? If so set your white balance to the bulbs by sticking a pvc pipe or something white in the tank and set the white balance to it. Your camera will treat the lights much better that way.

And good catch on the gasket. I hate bulkhead gaskets.

Basile

I got a question about pvc pipes you guys use. When i hook up my tank with the pipes and all; how often do you have to clean the pipes, how do you do it. Do you stop the hole system and unhook the pipes. New to the hook ups, not there just yet. So i want to plan this, before actually doing the pluming.

Ratpack

I have always used schedule 40 PVC (white) and to date, I have never taken any out to clean unless something was to get stuck in one.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I got a question about pvc pipes you guys use. When i hook up my tank with the pipes and all; how often do you have to clean the pipes, how do you do it. Do you stop the hole system and unhook the pipes. New to the hook ups, not there just yet. So i want to plan this, before actually doing the pluming.

I'm like Tim. Mine only gets cleaned out when/if something gets stuck in it. To date (knocks on wood) that's not happened.

Mike I'll give that a try hopefully tonight. Thanks :D