Ben's Max 250

steved13

PREMIUM
Best way to clear that I've found, is the fine floss, changed or cleaned every other day. Make sure the left pump is clean and moving the water to capacity.

imaccat

bpoll

Good advice Iain, Thanks! I wasn't sure how long I should keep the fish in the QT, I haven't stopped treating the fish either, I was happy to atleast see some improvement with the disease, I will keep him in the QT for at least 4 more weeks from the last sign of a white spot while still treating.

Thanks Everyone!

bpoll

Thanks Juan, doesn't really compare to your tank(s) Thanks again for the info on the Marco rock, your tank is the reason I got them and couldn't be happier with my purchase! :)

Here's a little video I put together the other day, kind of a full tour of the tank with some reggae music, pretty relaxing ha-ha... enjoy.

Red Sea Max 250 on Vimeo

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the enjoyable video! The fish look great, and I see you've placed a few corals too - looking good!

bpoll

Thanks guys...

Been awhile since I have done a post, been pretty busy with work lately, gotta put some money back in the RSM budget... anyways, has anybody ordered from reefcleaners.org? just wondering the quality of the LS they ship? I am looking at about 20-30 dwarf cerith snails, any thoughts?

Sapphire

Can't help with the cuc as I am in New Zealand, but lovely fish and very interesting thread! I must admit I love Potter's angels :)

bpoll

Thanks Glenn, I will be placing an order soon.
Does anybody have any success keeping two tangs in their 250, I picked up a kole tang and I have a yellow tang, after doing some reading and talking to other reefers I was told since they are a different genus it shouldn't be a problem, the yellow tang is being a bully to his new tank mate the kole tang could care less haha, I am hoping it will settle down after they get use to each other, any thoughts?

Also I was finally able to get a Potters Angel, so pumped :D (and just an FYI, I traded the Coral Beauty for the Potters Angel)

bpoll

Here are some pics of the new fish and a FTS

FTS not the best picture but it has all of my LS
DSC_0330-1.jpg

New Potters Angelfish! :D
DSC_0336.jpg

Kole Yellow Eye Tang (The Yellow Tang and Him were fighting for a while, they seem to have relaxed a bit, he may have to go back to the LFS, he is an awesome fish though, cleaning the glass better than snails )
DSC_0316.jpg

RSM250PEARL

+1 ^ beautiful angel! I have a gold eye tang too, so far he's bullied my algae blenny to death and then started on my muralis goby. I managed to save the goby and gave him to a friend. I just need to get the tang out now, I'm working on a diy fish trap so he'll get what's coming lol

It's not common behaviour I think I just ended up with a bad apple lol I think it went for the blenny because they're both algae grazers and it mistaked the goby for a algae eater too, because of the way he pecked the sand the same way the blenny used to peck at the algae. At least he leaves everything else alone but he's still going back to LFS when I catch him. Good luck with yours, hope they settle down.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That's the most colorful Potter's I've seen - very nice and the tank is coming along nicely!