Back at it with the RSM250

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
How’s the tank maturing? Clowns look great and they too were the first fish in my tank.

if you’re looking to seed, check out indo pacific sea farms…….. not a bad pack to add to a new tank

Lipman

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates lots has been going on.
Tank is looking great! Currently I have the two clowns, pajama Cardinal, conch, snails etc.

At this point I'm just letting it do its thing, taking my time this time around and not rushing into it. Just testing every few days, changing out floss and the skimmer and my weekly WC.

Next week I am going to rent a Par meter, get some refills for my Hanna checkers and start checking the alk, Mag, Cal etc in the tank and get ready for some corals :).

Heading out of town for a few days so I really hope my wife can help me out with a few of the tasks :fingerscrossed:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Letting it get stable is a good thing, let all that micro life grow.

pics when you get back!

Lipman

Back from my trip and everything looked great. Im not sure what changed over night though because my black clown was not doing good the next morning. It was just gasping for air at the bottom of the tank, slowly moving from hiding spot to hiding spot.

I checked my levels, everything was exactly how it's been for the last three months, and the other two fish seem fine. Orange clown was even trying to save his buddy (sad to watch).

Unfortunately lost it about 24 hours later. I followed up with my weekly water change as I would have and the other two fish plus cuc remain happy.

Lipman

Nope, no spots, belly from air or fluids. Looked perfect besides just gasping..

Tank still looks good ATM and everything else is still happy. I'll just assume it was a one off.

Heading away again so hopefully no issues this time around..

Lipman

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Got a quick question about green/blue chromis. My lfs told me they will just kill each other if I get them, but I've also seen them in so many tanks.

If anyone has suggestions or experience please let me know :)

Nobbygas

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Got a quick question about green/blue chromis. My lfs told me they will just kill each other if I get them, but I've also seen them in so many tanks.

If anyone has suggestions or experience please let me know :)
My experience. You may start with say six of them. That will remain stable for say 10 months, then one will die. The next death will be about two months later, and then the time between deaths will shorten as the numbers decrease the aggression towards the remaining numbers is compressed. I believe that they will only thrive if you have a school of say twenty, as the aggression is then spread out. I wouldn't stock them again.